If carefully read and understood, this book should help any mechanic understand the fundamentals of air conditioning systems. It begins with a discussion of basic air conditioning theory, followed by a description of each of the components found in typical heating and air conditioning systems. Any real comprehension of what follows after that is only possible if the first two chapters are read and understood. The rest of the book is devoted to routine maintenance, service procedures, repairs and troubleshooting.
Only two things are not included in this volume:
1) removal and installation procedures and
2) compressor overhauls.
Other than these two items, however, you will find most everything you need to know about how air conditioning systems work, how to maintain them, service them, troubleshoot them and repair them in this manual.
- Basic theory of air conditioning system operation
- Basic air conditioning and heating system components
- Typical automotive air conditioning systems
- Service and diagnostic tools
- Heating and air conditioning system service and repair