According to Spencer W. Kimball, "Marriage is perhaps the most vital of all the decisions and has the most far-reaching effects, for it has to do not only with immediate happiness, but also with eternal joys. It affects not only the two people involved, but also their families and particularly their children and their children’s children down through the many generations’, so the issue is quite important than most of might think. That’s why the need for the book, Will You Marry Me?
The purpose of this book is to chart a course for a successful marriage. A successful marriage is one that is enduring, and has endured, the many hits that are an inevitable part of weathering life's storms - which will naturally and inevitably beat upon it, relentlessly. To achieve this, a lot of things have to be put into consideration. Many desire marriage but they are not really prepared for it; some understanding about marriage is nothing but sex and procreation but marriage is deeper than that.
Before considering marriage we must become a marriage material first, especially if successful marriage is your dream. There are things to look into as a man/woman for you to prepare for marriage. Not every man is a marriage material and even women. So there are things to look into as we prepare for marriage. A lot of people pray for God to give them His best; the question that automatically comes to mind is: are you the best of God? That’s why we should prepare ourselves for that estate called marriage.
So in Will You Marry Me?, it outines some basic things that must put into play for a successful marriage such as:
• God’s Covenant of Marriage
• Becoming a Marriage Material
• Things To Do Before Making a Choice
• Understanding Your Place in Marriage
• Questions You Need To Ask Yourself before You Say, “Will You Marry Me”
• Secrets To Discovering Your Soul Mate
• The Place of Trust In Marriage
• Power of Communication In Marriage
• Common Mistakes To Avoid
• The Kind of Men to Avoid
• The Kind of Women To Avoid
• The Bad Reason To Enter A Relationship
• The Final Word Before You Say, “Will You Marry Me”
• The Right Time To Move On From A Bad Relationship
• How To Know The Right Relationship
So you can get it wrong this time as you read this book. Is a book that has been referred to by many as the Relationship Life Saver!