1988-1996 BMW 5-Series (E34) Workshop Repair & Service Manual
Complete digital workshop service and repair manual written for the BMW 5-Series (E34); Production model years: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996. All styles covered (all models, and engines). This QUALITY manual is 100 COMPLETE and INTACT, no MISSING/CORRUPT pages/sections to freak you out! Buy from responsible seller and get INSTANT DOWNLOAD now without wasting your hard-owned money on uncertainty or surprise; this manual is exactly as described.
Total Size: 727MB
File Format: PDF/HTML etc
Delivery: instant download link displayed on checkout page & emailed to you after payment
Protection: DRM-free; without any restriction
1988-1989 BMW 5-Series (E34) 525i, 535i Electrical Troubleshooting Manual.pdf
1988-1995 BMW 5-Series (E34) (525i, 525iX, 530i, 535i, 535i Sport & 525i Sport, 540i, 540i M-sport, M5).pdf
1989-1995 BMW 5-Series (E34) 525i, 530i, 535i, 540i (including Touring).pdf
1994 BMW 5-Series (E34) 518i, 520i, 525td, 525tds, incl. touring Electrical Troubleshooting Manual.pdf
1988-1996 BMW 5-Series (E34) (EN-DE)
19901994 BMW 518i - 1.8 L M40B18 I4 113 PS (83 kW; 111 hp)
19951996 BMW 518i - 1.8 L M43B18 I4 115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp)
19951996 BMW 518g (CNG) Touring - 1.8 L M43B18 I4
19881990 BMW 520i - 2.0 L M20B20 I6 122 PS (90 kW; 120 hp)
19881990 BMW 520i ECE - 2.0 L M20B20 I6 129 PS (95 kW; 127 hp) higher compression than non ECE
19911996 BMW 520i - 2.0 L M50B20 I6 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)
19881991 BMW 524td - 2.4 L M21 I6 diesel
19931995 BMW 525td - 2.5 L M51D25 UL I6 115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) diesel
19911995 BMW 525tds - 2.5 L M51D25 OL I6 143 PS (105 kW; 141 hp) diesel
19881990 BMW 525i - 2.5 L M20B25 I6 170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp)
19911996 BMW 525i - 2.5 L M50B25 I6 192 PS (141 kW; 189 hp)
19921995 BMW 525iX - 2.5 L M50B25 I6 192 PS (141 kW; 189 hp)
19881990 BMW 530i - 3.0 L M30B30 I6 188 PS (138 kW; 185 hp)
19931995 BMW 530i - 3.0 L M60B30 V8 218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp)
19881992 BMW 535i - 3.4 L M30B35 I6 211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp)
19931995 BMW 540i - 4.0 L M60B40 V8 286 PS (210 kW; 282 hp)
19891992 BMW M5 - 3.5 L S38B36 I6, 315 PS (232 kW; 311 hp)
19921995 BMW M5 - 3.8 L S38B38 I6, 340 PS (250 kW; 335 hp)
19891990 BMW 525i - 2.5 L M20B25 I6, 168 hp (125 kW; 170 PS)
19891993 BMW 535i - 3.4 L M30B35 I6, 208 hp (155 kW; 211 PS)
19911993 BMW M5 - 3.5 L S38B36 I6, 310 hp (231 kW; 314 PS)
19911995 BMW 525i - 2.5 L M50B25 I6, 189 hp (141 kW; 192 PS)
19941995 BMW 530i - 3.0 L M60B30 V8, 215 hp (160 kW; 218 PS)
19941995 BMW 540i - 4.0 L M60B40 V8, 282 hp (210 kW; 286 PS)
This COMPLETE official full workshop service repair manual includes:
* Detailed sub-steps expand on repair procedure information
* Notes, cautions and warnings throughout each chapter pinpoint critical information.
* Numbered instructions guide you through every repair procedure step by step.
* Bold figure number help you quickly match illustrations with instructions.
* Detailed illustrations, drawings and photos guide you through every procedure.
* Enlarged inset helps you identify and examine parts in detail.
* Numbered table of contents easy to use so that you can find the information you need fast.
* This manual also makes it easy to diagnose and repair problems with your machines electrical system.
* Troubleshooting and electrical service procedures are combined with detailed wiring diagrams for ease of use.
* COMPLETE, Absolutely No Missing Pages!
* Official Service INFORMATION You Can Count On!
* Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED!
EXCERPT (1988-1996 BMW 5-Series (E34) Service/Repair Manual):
Automatic transmission-4 HP 22/EH removing and installing
Removal of the transmission requires a transmission jack or a floor jack with transmission adaptor. Use extreme caution when working beneath the car and lowering the transmission. TORX® sockets will be needed to remove the bell-housing bolts.
When installing a new or rebuilt transmission, the ATF cooler and lines must be blown clean with compressed air and then thoroughly flushed twice with clean ATF.
The subframe crossmember provides rigid mounting points for the engine, suspension, and steering components. The crossmember is not normally subject to wear and should only be replaced if structurally damaged.
Removing the subframe crossmember requires engine lifting equipment to support the weight of the engine so that the subframe can be removed from below.
To disassemble and assemble strut
Replacing the upper strut mount, spring, and strut cartridge requires that the strut first be disassembled. This procedure requires a spring compressor specifically designed for the purpose. Fig. 5 shows the rear strut assembly.
1. Remove the strut assembly from the car as described above.
2. Using a spring compressor, compress the spring until the spring force on the upper mount 1s relieved.
3. Pry the protective cap off the top of the strut assembly, then remove the top (centre) nut and washer.
4. Release the spring compressor carefully and evenly, allowing the spring to slowly expand.
5. Remove the spring from the shock absorber.
6. Compress the spring and install it and related components to the shock absorber, using Fig. 5 as a guide. Use a new self-locking top (centre) nut.