1997-2002 BMW 5-Series (E39) 525i, 528i, 530i, 540i Sedan, Sport Wagon Workshop Repair & Service Manual (1,002 Pages, Searchable, Printable, iPad-ready PDF)
Complete digital workshop service and repair manual written for the BMW 5-Series (E39) 525i, 528i, 530i, 540i Sedan, Sport Wagon; Production model years: 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002. All styles covered (all models, and engines). It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices.
This QUALITY manual is 100 COMPLETE and INTACT, no MISSING/CORRUPT pages/sections to freak you out! Buy from responsible seller and get INSTANT DOWNLOAD now without wasting your hard-owned money on uncertainty or surprise; this manual is exactly as described.
Total Pages: 1,002 pages
File Format: PDF (Windows & Mac & Linux)
Delivery: instant download link displayed on checkout page & emailed to you after payment
Protection: DRM-free; without any restriction
This COMPLETE full workshop service repair manual includes:
* Detailed sub-steps expand on repair procedure information
* Notes, cautions and warnings throughout each chapter pinpoint critical information.
* Numbered instructions guide you through every repair procedure step by step.
* Bold figure number help you quickly match illustrations with instructions.
* Detailed illustrations, drawings and photos guide you through every procedure.
* Enlarged inset helps you identify and examine parts in detail.
* Numbered table of contents easy to use so that you can find the information you need fast.
* This manual also makes it easy to diagnose and repair problems with your machines electrical system.
* Troubleshooting and electrical service procedures are combined with detailed wiring diagrams for ease of use.
* COMPLETE, Absolutely No Missing Pages!
* Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED!
EXCERPT (1997-2002 BMW 5-Series (E39) 525i, 528i, 530i, 540i Sedan, Sport Wagon Service/Repair Manual):
Crankshaft rear main seal, replacing (V-8)
Remove transmission. See 230 Manual Transmission or 240 Automatic Transmission.
Manual transmission vehicles: Remove clutch pressure plate and disc. See 210 Clutch.
- Remove flywheel. See 210 Clutch.
- Drain engine oil.
4 Remove bolts (A) retaining rear main seal carrier, including bolts at (arrows) oil pan.
Carefully separate seal carrier from oil pan gasket and remove carrier.
CAUTION: Do not damage oil pan gasket.
Remove old seal and reinstall new seal into seal carrier using BMW special tools 11 1 230 and 00 5 500.
Front strut assembly components (6-cylinder models)
2. Upper strut self-locking nut
4. Strut bearing reinforcement
5. Strut mount self-locking nut
6. Upper strut mount
7. Dust protector collar
9. Upper spring seat
11. Upper spring pad
12. Coil spring
13. Rubber stop
14. Dust boot
15. Lower strut pad
16. Strut with lower spring seat
Front strut assembly, disassembling and assembling
Replacing the strut, upper strut mount or spring requires that the strut assembly first be removed from the car and disassembled. For a guide to parts used during component replacement, see the accompanying diagram.
NOTE- Illustration shows components for 6-cylinder models (525i, 528i, 530;). V-8 models (540i) are similar but not identical.