MP3 Nick Sweet Ben Medler - Trombone Encounters
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
8 MP3 Songs
JAZZ: Contemporary Jazz, JAZZ: Post-Bop
Show all album songs: Trombone Encounters Songs
Recorded at Falcon Studio, Portland, OR, USA.
August 27, 2007
Engineering & Mixing: Dennis Carter
Photography: Michelle Medler
Graphic Production: Michelle Medler
Produced by: Ben Medler
Mastering: Ryan Foster at Freq Mastering
©2008 Shoo-wah Records â¢° Medler Studios
Quote from â¢ Jiggs Whigham
âthe music of this recording clearly demostrates
a great respect and love for the great jazz tradition.
original compositions combined with original playing
by both trombonists and wonderful interaction by
the rhythm section, make this an adventurous
contribution. my personal favorite- âSalsa on tower hillââ
1. For Phil was our first composition. The theme travels through several keys and time feels while constantly moving forward.
Both of us have spent time with the great trombonist, Phil Wilson. For him, music is about having conversations with your
musical family. Solos by Medler, BW (Brian Ward), Sweet and Gilson
2. Rhythm N Bones is the third tune from a series of Rhythm Changes melodies I have written. This one has rhythmic twists
that are fun to play over. The first solo highlights some of my plunger-mute work. Then BW, winds through the changes with
fierce creativity. Sweet, plays his chorus with a deep triplety feel. Then the melody goes out on a Monk quote.
3. Delightfully Taddâs uses the harmonies of Tadd Dameron and Bill Evans. Bassist, Tim Gilson floats through a masterful
solo with Doggettâs brush work laying down the beat underneath. Solos: Medler and BW. The end goes into a latin free for all!
4. The Driver mixes the sounds of George Russellâs Lydian Dominant compositions with the bass lines of a
truck drivinâ blues. Sweet takes the first one, ready as ever. BW is next with a
chromatic start into a theme that continues to climb. Gilson, follows with a
dynamic and melodic solo; swingin hard . Iâve got the last solo,the band drops
down to bass and trombone We build it back up and out to the melody.
5. Salsa on Tower Hill is about the calm before a hurricane in a coastal town.
When the storm arrives, it stirs up a fire salsa groove. Solos in order:
Sweet, Medler, Sweet/Medler (trading), Doggett
6. The Past Month is a journey through a beautiful chord progression with open
melodies layered over the top. Solos are by BW and Sweet. Rhythm section is
cookin the whole way!
7. Uncontrived has a linear theme that exchanges between the trombones. BW
composes through a beautiful solo and is followed by Sweet taking it to a high
energy groove, pushing the harmonies to new places.
8. We Are What We Say is a nice collection of complimentary sounds. Doggettâs
great ride cymbal feel delivers a pocket that locks the whole thing in.
Solos are by Sweet and BW -Notes by Ben Medler
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 Cool Bop Phonics - Jazz: Jazz Fusion
Mp3 Michael Massaro - La Days New York Nights
Mp3 Ken Ford - Burnt Toast
Mp3 David Davis - Song Of David
Mp3 Jeff Green - From My Heart
Mp3 Funkee Boy - Rise
Mp3 Lindsey Horner - Believers
Mp3 Jim Savitt - Second Light
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!