For coffee enthusiasts everywhere, a charming handbook to becoming your own favorite barista
More than 100 million Americans start each day with a cup of coffee (many at no small price)! It’s a fact : We love
coffee. Now, in The Home Barista
, two professionals reveal the secrets to brewing coffee worthy of the priciest cafés right in your own kitchen.
Connoisseurs Simone Egger and Ruby Ashby Orr enlighten readers with insights and advice from crop to cup and beyond. Savvy, smart, and charmingly designed, The Home Barista
guides you through the essentials—from understanding your bean’s origins and establishing your palate to perfecting your technique. It’s the essential coffee-lover’s guide to turning a simple bean into a sensational beverage:
- Roast your own beans. (Is it worth it? How not to burn them!)
- Learn all the lingo you need to talk coffee like a pro.
- Master the elusive espresso (by refining tamp, time, and temperature).
- Create barista-worthy milk texture and foam designs.
- Try seven different ways to brew—from the French press to the Turkish ibrik.
Author: Egger, Simone
Author: Ashby Orr, Ruby
Publisher: The Experiment
Title: The Home Barista: How to Bring Out the Best in Every Coffee Bean
Pages: 00192 (Encrypted EPUB)
On Sale: 2016-06-14
Category: Cooking : Beverages - Coffee & Tea
Category: Cooking : Courses & Dishes - Breakfast
Category: Cooking : Regional & Ethnic - International