Completely updated and revised with the latest guidelines for nutrition and lifestyle before, during, and after pregnancy.
Expect the Best is a comprehensive guide for new and future parents that answers the most frequently asked questions about nutrition and lifestyle habits from preconception to post-delivery. This second edition translates the latest research and expert recommendations about how to have the healthiest baby possible into clear and concise advice without preaching, and includes a wide range of topics, such as:
- the healthiest lifestyle for fertility (including for dads-to-be!);
- calories and weight gain throughout pregnancy and after delivery;
- important vitamins and minerals and how to include them in your eating plan;
- what, and how much, exercise is best before, during, and after pregnancy;
- keeping food safe, and foods to avoid during pregnancy;
- how to manage morning sickness, gestational diabetes, and more; and
- what to eat when breastfeeding
This book provides easy-to-follow sample meal plans, and an expanded recipe chapter features more than 60 simple, nutritious recipes, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. This complete resource supplies what you need to make the best choices throughout your entire pregnancy journey!
Author: Ward, Elizabeth M.
Author: Dietetics, Academy of Nutrition and
Title: Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy, 2nd Edition
Pages: 00000 (Encrypted EPUB)
On Sale: 2017-03-28
Lib Category: Mothers - Nutrition
Lib Category: Pregnancy - Nutritional aspects
Category: Health & Fitness : Pregnancy & Childbirth
Category: HEALTH & FITNESS / Diet & Nutrition / General