This book unravels the role of Point-of-Care (POC) glucose monitoring as an essential part of diabetes management. It provides the reader with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of diabetes management, including:
- the need for POC glucose monitoring
- the glucose detection technologies (invasive, noninvasive and continuous) being used in the POC devices
- the analytical performance, characteristics, pros and cons of the POC devices developed to date
- the importance and role of glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) monitoring for diabetes management
- the various POC devices and analyzers for the determination of HbA1c.
This is the first book to provide complete up-to-date information on POC glucose detection technologies and devices for diabetic monitoring and management. It will be an important reference for healthcare professionals, biomedical engineers, researchers, economists and policy makers. This book also serves as an asset and teaching aid for professionals and researchers in diabetic monitoring and management.
Author: Vashist, Sandeep Kumar
Author: Luong, John H.T
Publisher: CRC Press
Title: Point-of-care Glucose Detection for Diabetic Monitoring and Management
Pages: 00178 (Encrypted EPUB) / 00178 (Encrypted PDF)
On Sale: 2017-01-12
Category: Medical : Administration
Category: Medical : Endocrinology & Metabolism