MP3 Jim Hurst - Open Window
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
13 MP3 Songs
COUNTRY: Bluegrass, COUNTRY: Country Blues
Jim Hurst was born in Middleboro, Kentucky into a musical family and was raised with a guitar in his hands; weekends growing up were spent picking with family and friends. Jim was influenced early in his career by Flatpickers: Doc Watson and Clarence White especially. He later heard Merle Travis and Chet Atkins, calling his discovery of their fingerstlye playing "a turn in the road" for him. His diverse tastes led him to play in several bands, playing rock, country, bluegrass and traditional blues. His legend was already growing when Holly Dunn came calling in 1990. He joined on as Holly's guitarist/harmony vocalist, touring the world, playing live TV, and stunning audiences with his musicianship. He joined Trisha Yearwood's band in 1992 and toured more extensively including many high-profile radio and television appearances. In the early 1990's Jim also performed with Travis Tritt, Sara Evans and the McCarter Sisters.
In search of more traditional bluegrass playing Hurst joined IBMA Vocalist of the Year Claire Lynch in 1995, meeting bassist Missy Raines in Claire's band. Jim and Missy began the duet "Jim Hurst & Missy Raines" in 1998 while touring with Claire Lynch. They broke off from Claire Lynch's band in 2000 to focus more sincerely on the duet, a groundbreaking arrangement in bluegrass music circles. Together Jim & Missy's music delved into several different genres, while staying close to their bluegrass roots. Their two releases Two and Synergy were met with critical acclaim, culminating with Jim and Missy receiving the Guitar Player and Bass Player of year awards at the 2001 and 2002 IBMA Awards Show. Jim has also released a solo CD for Pinecastle Records, Second Son. Jim has also become a sought after Nashville studio musician, recording and performing with many acoustic artists such as John Cowan, Mark Schatz, Tim O'Brien, and Sam Bush. Jim continues to record and tour doing solo dates, with the Jim Hurst Band, with duet partner Missy Raines, and also with the two-time Grammy nominee Claire Lynch.
What People Are Saying About Jim Hurst:
"Jim is one of the most under rated musicians on today's acoustic scene. He always mines a deep grove and heats things up to a rolling boil. Combining strong country and bluegrass roots, subtle invention, and a big beautiful sound. Jim's music is consistently fresh and friendly." - Tim O'Brien
"Jim uses his family background, along with his exceptional talent, to build upon a foundation of his own memories and inspiration to create a contemporary sound that is still able to reflect strong traditional values... Jim Hurst is a very hard-working musician with clear goals for himself." - Country Review
"There's not a more inventive, talented guitar player in the bluegrass business than Jim Hurst. He brings a world of experience in so many different kinds of music and formats to everything he does. I've heard the Jim Hurst Band, and they meet Jim's high standards, which is saying a lot!" - Tim Stafford
"In a field known for great instrumental work, Hurst is as good as they come...His guitar playing is marked by pure abandon." - Country Standard Time
"Jim Hurst is one of the most versatile and tasteful guitar players I know. Whether he's flailing the rhythm for an old time fiddle tune, laying down a funky groove, or finger picking a beautiful ballad, both his playing is impeccable and creative. Accompanying this instrumental virtuosity is a rich and expressive voice with a surprising range." - Mark Shatz
"Jim Hurst has an attractive vocal delivery with his songs...but it has to take a back seat to his incredible flat-picking guitar work." - Country Music News
* IBMA's Guitar Player of the Year 2001 & 2002. Nominated every year since 2001. Nominated again for this year's award.
* Toured and Recorded with duet partner -bassist Missy Raines, releasing 2 CDs on Pinecastle Records: Two (2000) & Synergy (2003)
* Released 2 Critically Acclaimed solo CDs: Open Window (self-released 1998) & Second Son (Pinecastle Records 2002)
* Touring Guitarist with Country stars Sara Evans (1997-1998) Trisha Yearwood (1992-1993) & Holly Dunn (1990-1992)
* Recorded and/or performed with: Bill Monroe, John Cowan, Tim O'Brien, Doc Watson, David Grisman, Tony Trischka, Mark Schatz, Don Henley, Sam Bush, Allison Brown, Vassar Clements, Claire Lynch & many more
* Played on the Grand Ole Opry with duet partner Missy Raines (Jim Hurst & Missy Raines), Claire Lynch, Trisha Yearwood & Holly Dunn
* Performed on numerous TV and radio programs including the Late Show w/ David Letterman, Tonight Show, Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, Austin City Limits, Texas Connection, Hee-Haw, Grand Ole Opry Live, & BBC Worldwide Radio
* Toured worldwide including performances at the Kennedy Center, Radio City Music Hall, Fox Theater, Shaw Theater, Gaiety Theater, Houston Astrodome, Seattle Kingdome, New Orleans Superdome & Daytona International Speedway
* Performed in all US states (except Hawaii), and internationally including dates in Japan, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Italy, & Slovenia
* A winner of several national, state and regional contests for both instrumental and vocal abilities including flatpicking and fingerstyle guitar, Scruggs and old-time style banjo, mandolin, as well as traditional, old-time, gospel and contemporary singing
Visit Jim's website for more info, and to purchase other recordings... https://www.tradebit.com
People who are interested in James Taylor Roy Clark Jerry Reed should consider this download.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 Big Country Bluegrass - Big Country Bluegrass
Mp3 Big Country Bluegrass - Up In The High Country - Hh-1340
Mp3 Jason Ring - Patchwork
Mp3 Bill Markham - Just For The Ride
Mp3 Nash Street - Carry On
Mp3 Tammy Fassaert - Just Passin' Through
Mp3 Carly Goodwin - Country: Contemporary Country
Mp3 Blue Mule - Scratchy
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!