MP3 Chris Huff - North Cathedral Way
Weren''t the 90''s dark and creepy? Relive them with these 17 acoustic tracks that the Berkshire Eagle called "folk music to blow the house down". Guitar, upright bass, and djembe sparsely arranged recorded live.
17 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Psych-folk, ROCK: Americana
Chris Huff has performed and worked internationally as a singer/songwriter solo artist, multi-instrumentalist sideman, and producer in such notable and diverse venues as Carnegie Hall, CBGB''s, and The Bitter End in NYC, Maxwell''s in Hoboken, Caffé Lena in Saratoga, NY, The Mean Fiddler in London, England, and The Bluebird Café in Nashville.
• As a sideman, Chris has worked with Peter Yarrow (Peter, Paul and Mary), Amanda Green (daughter of legendary Broadway lyricist Adolph Green), Chuck Hammer (Lou Reed Band, David Bowie, Emmy-nominated TV composer), and many countless others. As a producer and songwriter, he has worked with Broadway singers Randal Keith (Phantom, Les Mis), David Michael Felty (The Civil War, Les Mis), and Ma-Anne Dionisio (Miss Saigon, Les Mis, Flower Drum Song).
• Born in Kansas City, Missouri, Chris Huff grew up on the edge of Harlem in New York City. From an early age he took piano lessons, learning, as his piano teacher called it, "the boogie-woogie." After a bicycle accident in 1983, he began pulling on the strings of his grandmother''s guitar as physical therapy, learning songs like The Kinks'' Lola and Simon and Garfunkel''s The Boxer. High school found Chris playing the electric bass, singing, and writing songs with a rock trio, jazz combo, and school stage band. In college he played guitar and bass with big soul groups, little alternapop combos, show pit bands, and solo in campus coffeehouses.
• His current release, Death and Texas EP, was recorded on a ProTools rig throughout the United States and Canada while travelling with his wife Linda, an actress in the National Tour of Les Miserables. "We found two truths on the road," Chris says. "One is the law of entropy - things fall apart, and the other is that inevitably one will end up back in Texas. This disc started out being me hiding in a cave with my computer and ended up being the most collaborative project I''ve ever done - complete with backup singers, a full band, and percussion - all recorded in various hotel rooms."
• His other releases include a full-length CD, North Cathedral Way, which earned him a place as a finalist in the 2001 Independent Music Awards, sponsored by The Musician''s Atlas. He has also released a CD single, Washed Away, produced by Chuck Hammer, and a 7" vinyl EP Baby Blue/Short-Term Memory Blues/Edgar Allan Poe St. released in Sweden on Belpid Records.
• Chris has received airplay on college and public radio stations throughout the Northeast, appearing on radio shows like Wanda Fischer''s "Hudson River Sampler" on WAMC-FM in Albany, NY. A live performance of Chris playing in Central Park, NYC, was featured as a video by David Bowie on https://www.tradebit.com.
• Other projects include writing liner notes for David Bowie''s Live and Well CD (Chris''s segment is the first thing you see inside the front cover), scoring an independent film, and his rock opera based on Herman Melville''s The Scrivener, performed at the 1997 NYC Fringe Festival.
People who are interested in Bob Dylan David Bowie Robyn Hitchcock should consider this download.