MP3 Fontain's M.U.S.E. - Spiral Dance
Rocken Raga, Sensuous grooves, spicy vocals in many tongues: Arabic chants, Hindi,English, French and Spanish.
Eastern influenced jazz,pop and dance, sacred, sitars, electric groove, guitar, tablas.
12 MP3 Songs
POP: with Live-band Production, JAZZ: World Fusion
Band Bio written by Michael Anderson manager for The Turtles (we do not sound like the turtles, wood nymphs maybe, turtles, no)
Singer/Songwriter and Instrumentalist Fontain Riddle combines spirituality, culture, dreams and a celebration of life''s experiences to evolve her music. Her inspiration comes from eastern music, jazz, friends, books, politics, cooking shows and even bad love experiences. Having been raised in Washington D.C., Fontain''s early musical influences were the close bonds she formed with several Indian and Pakistani families of classical musicians. She has furthered her goals by performing professionally since high school and after earning her BFA from Ringling School of Art. She has toured nationally performing for audiences throughout 46 States and internationally, including countries such as Singapore, Malaysia and France.
Live performance guest artists:
Beat and groove writer Farhan Khan is originally from Karachi, Pakistan plays classical Indian Sitar, Guitar and Bass Guitar. His unique eastern style has made him a sought after musician. He is a Sitar student of the internationally famous Ustad Habib Khan and is a graduate of Musicians Institute in Hollywood California and has earned his BA in music engineering from Cogswell College in Sunnyvale California.
Groovy Judy is a guitarist and an artist who loves to inspire and encourage people to love one another and enjoy life. She''s embraced the fun and spirit of the late 60s and early 70s and put it into her music, colorful dress, and upbeat personality have made her a major key to the polyphony of Fontain''s M.U.S.E.
Wikki Singh an excellent eastern percussionist has developed his style from his internationally famous father Darshan Kamal Singh who has given him good advice. "Train classically, play music with everyone."
Fontain''s M.U.S.E. blends electronic dance grooves, eastern instrumentation and spirited vocals in English, Persian, Hindi, French and Spanish. Along with Fontain''s captivating vocals and Farhan''s dance grooves, Fontain''s M.U.S.E. has been electrifying audiences and greatly punctuates their style. Influences from Dido, Peter Gabriel, Ali Akbar Khan, Dead Can Dance, Sting and Ella Fitzgerald lend credence that could best described their style as an interesting blend of pop, dance, world and jazz with the pursuits of world peace, celebrating diversity, spirituality, culture, freedom of expression and humor.
With three CD''s to their credit, "Sacred Sacrifice", "Fire Trance" and their latest release, "Spiral Dance", one will discover the gems and treasures of intense dance grooves, spirited vocals and multinational instrumentation.
Fontain''s M.U.S.E. is a celebration of life and culture.
M.U.S.E. -- Acronym for Music is the Universal Source of Enlightenment.
Song Descriptions on Spiral Dance CD:
1. Sacred Geometry: Dance, Sacred; electric groove, guitar, tablas, keyboard, bass Vocals: English/Arabic chants. Read the book Sacred Geometry. This song is devoted to the numerous engineers who are also numerologists, new age spiritualists and astrologers living and practicing their arts in the San Francisco Bay area.
2. Spiral Dance: Dance, Sacred. sitar, electric groove, bass keyboard. Vocals: English. Devoted to Belly dancers everywhere.
3. Unholy: Rock, Ska, Reggae, live drum, tablas, guitar, bass keyboard. Vocals: English. Political Anti war song with a great groove.
4. Mystic Kiss: Jazz, Sacred sitar, acoustic guitar, vocals, groove, bass. A love song inspired by the writings of Rumi.
5. Spiders: Latin, Jazz, Ska, live drums, tablas, guitar, keyboard, bass. Vocals: English and Spanish. One swallows about 50 spiders a year in one''s sleep...sounds like a great topic for a song to Fontain Riddle.
6. Warrior: Folk, Sacred, live drum, tablas, acoustic guitar, bass, Vocals: English semi-political. A warrior is at the end of his life in the battlefield as the angel of peace is comforting him on his journey.
7. Yellow Jello: Jazz, Swing, Hip hop, live drum, tablas, jazz guitar, keyboard, bass. Vocals: English and infant laughs. A song about a crazy family with a strange obsession with Yellow Jello. One day the artist woke up with a dream that she had killed a man, luckily this was only a dream and the song sticks to your head like Yellow Jello. You have been warned.
8. Addicted: Pop Rock, electric groove, electric guitar, bass, Vocals: English. Political-Why is our government addicted to war? Inspired by the speeches of presidential candidate, Congressman Dennis Kucinich and the book "Addicted to War". Get it and read it. It is an historical account of who makes $$$ during times of war.
9. Le Miroir: Jazz, tablas, sitar, bass. Vocals: English and French. A woman gazes into the mirror and remembers her enchanting lover whose colorful stories inspire her to dream.
10. Rainbow Lullaby: Folk, tablas, sitar, bass
Vocals: English, Hindi and French. This is a lullaby to teach children the colors of the rainbow in three languages
11. Ghost: Jazz,tablas, sitar, bass. Vocals: English. Inspired by the South East Asian Festival of the Hungry Ghost
https://www.tradebit.comtern Breeze: Belly Dance. tablas, sitar, bouzouki, bass. An instrumental song to play for a male Belly Dance Contest or to accompany the bands performing magician, Majinga.