MP3 Mile Train - I'd Rather Feel Bad
A melting pot of hard rock, blues and funk. A new sound for southern rock that has been called by some as swamp rock. Lots of amazing guitar work, hard hitting drums and well written songs. Epic in its entirety.
12 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Southern Rock, BLUES: Swamp Blues
Mile Train is a three piece heavy blues rock band out of a small college town called Carrollton Ga. David Pippin is the lead vocalist and guitarist originally from Jacksonville Fl whose some what rocky childhood was the lyrical basis for the deeper elements of the album. Every song tells a true story whether it is comprehensible or not. David Reddish is the hard hitting “Terror from Tallapoosa” who brings the pain. No one could have played drums on this album other than David Reddish, he is a mean son of a bitch and it comes out in his playing. Josh McConnell was the bass player and he probably will be mad for even typing his name in this paragraph but that is another story. We now have one of the best bass players in the southeast playing with us, Bryan Hall. The son of Jack Hall from the southern rock band Wet Willie, Bryan has a style of his own mixing jazz and funk into his brilliant and eccentric playing.
Since each song has a story I will try and give you the abridged run down.
1. Black Water Blues- As I said before I, David Pippin, am from Jacksonville Fl. This song is about returning home for a week vacation with some friends of mine. We went to my ex-step mother’s family lake house for the week. Got drunk, chased some gators, got stranded in the middle of the lake and had to swim back to shore while getting baked by the sun. Hallucinated with out any help (spiders) and ate a sour orange from the orange tree next door.
2. I’d Rather Feel Bad- Just a song about getting in fights and not feeling normal unless I’m hung over and beat up.
3. Summer Ale- An instrumental
4. Drip-Drop- I can’t go into detail without violating some sort of FCC code. But it happened in the kitchen and involved peaches.
5. Riverbed Graveyard- Someone in my family would burry there friends dead relatives (the dead relatives requested they be buried by the river) in the riverbed by there house when the water level was down. I think this is illegal so don’t tell anyone. The full story is much more believable and funny and if you buy the album and want the full version after listening to the song I''ll email it to you. It’s also about having friends that sometimes can hold you back in life but there’s nothing you can do because there your friends.
6. I’ll Play For You- A mellow song that was written for my friends who I name through out the tune. The singer who did too much blow was not me but an old blues vocalist I use to play with. He would show up to a show so late we had to start without him and he was so geeked up he would sing faster than the music could play, but I still love him.
7. Singin’ Out Loud- A symbolic song about some of the ironies in life. I have been lost in my home town many times.
8. One More Chance- About wanting to change for a woman and realizing that there isn’t a chance in hell. No matter what you think, you do not want to see a donkey show, I promise.
9. Off that Mountain- My Great Grandfather was Sherman F. Pippin who was the conductor for the Tweetsie railroad that ran from Boone to Johnson City. He owned a lot of land on Roan Mountain and the govt. decided to take some of it and the rest he was not able to pay the taxes on and that my friends was our family inheritance. And it was not Jesse James it was Frank James who’s horse he hauled down from Roan Mountain, Jesse just flowed better lyrically
10. Southern Blues- Tired of listening to the shit on the radio and tired of going to see really great live bands and no one was paying attention.
11. Couch and a Grand- This song got me written out of my mothers will and I am not kidding. Its just pieces of my child hood that make for a good song. Drugs and abandonment make the world go round.
People who are interested in The Black Crowes The Allman Brothers Band Steve Earl should consider this download.