MP3 Bob Rowley - Earthbound - Love Songs for a Sick Planet
Ballads of the human spirit to sing in the shower
11 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Folk Rock, COUNTRY: Contemporary Country
EARTHBOUND – Love Songs for a Sick Planet
Ballads of the human spirit to sing in the shower.
Shun all products that ''poison the well''. They will destroy the future for your children. Think ahead, do not buy the cheapest, only buy the best!
Ok, that''s my personal advice. Now let me tell you something about the songs on the album:
1. EARTHBOUND REMIX: Relentless rock song about climate change. Laid back and hypnotic. This song sounds vulcanic at high volume! A deep rock blues sound, with low vocals and superb lead guitar from UK guitarist Steve Odd. The bottom line message is to make the healthy recovery of our planet an absolutely No.1 essential business, right now!
2. 7th JULY LONDON TRAGEDY: An anthem of the 2005 London bombings, written in the style of the folk tradition of Great Britain. The song attempts to give an historical aspect to this barbaric crime against humanity, plus a reminder that all human beings are genetically one family, in both flesh and in spirit.
3. MAN ON THE ROAD: This song is for the big dreamers, street artists, beggars and buskers out there. Foolish people take heart, we are changing the world!
4. LAMENT FOR SCOTTISH JOE: Joe was a victim of the international hard drugs trade. Among his many talents he was a master printer and a devout hippy. Always a credit to the bar, he’s not been seen around for many a year now. Joe never learned the difference between pleasure and happiness. Pleasure comes from saying "yes", but happiness in fact, comes from saying "no". I wish I could have told him.
5. WATCH OUT WOODY GUTHRIE: Dreamy, floating, eerie and ghost like blues, this particular recording also features the great Dutch ragtime guitarist Leo Wijnkamp on second guitar. Woody Guthrie was a great troubadour and a brave messenger of justice for working people. His pioneering Trade Union work is sorely needed in today''s new world.
6. NO MORE CANE ON BRAZOS PRISON: Originally an American prison field-work song from the 1900’s, the song describes the notorious Brazos river prison where, in 1910 “…they drove the women like they drove the men”. There is a great spirit of triumph and defiance in this song, which celebrates the end of sugar cane slavery, in Texas.
7. SPIRITS OVER BELGIUM : This is actually an anti war song. Do you ever have dreams or feelings from before you were born? Like being involved in some long forgotten war? Well, some dark nights over here in Flanders raise that spectre in me. The ghostly dust of war can take centuries to settle.
8. LOVE IS HARD: Well it sure ain’t easy! But use it and you lose it. This is exactly the promise that we are now getting from mother Earth. She may be a tough old girl, but enough is enough. She''s sick and she needs protection and nursing. If not, we will lose the flower of her bounty and will simply be eliminated, like any other irritating parasite. Tough love!
9. PLANET HERO: Brand new old fashioned love song to the Earth goddess Gaia. Imagine standing on the moon, gazing out upon the beautiful Earth and singing “...when I look at you…”.
10. THE JOLLY GREEN SPACESHIP: Unashamedly wacky Belgian “smartlap” (tear-jerking) arrangement. This recording features the late great Jacques Smeets on slide guitar. It also includes Dockside Danny playing a solid bass line on this cheery little item, as it wobbles and spins itself out accross the universe.
11. NEVER GIVE UP ON STRAY CHICKEN: Lighten up on this delightful home recording of a serious rehearsal held outside in the garden, with Kerry Wilson of “The Free Acoustic Band”. A wandering cock chicken called Rocky also decided to join in the chorus however and the microphones picked him up too! No tricks here I swear to you. This is just how it happened. Rocky''s timing is just brilliant! I just had to let you hear this one.
That''s all for now.
30th April 2008, Flanders Belgium.
People who are interested in Bob Dylan Jackson Browne Leonard Cohen should consider this download.