MP3 Hawk Hurst - Buffalo Dreaming: Ballads, Stories, and Music from the Dawn of Time
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
14 MP3 Songs
KIDS/FAMILY: General Children's Music, KIDS/FAMILY: Children's Storytelling
Buffalo Dreaming is a delightful offering of original and traditional songs, stories, poems, folk ballads, and rhythmical creations that is sure to please all ages. Relying upon many handmade, primitive musical instruments, this project gratefully draws from the ancient wisdom and beauty of cultures from all over the world.
"I enjoyed listening to Buffalo Dreaming a lot! It is a real pleasure to listen to a CD that not only entertains me but educates me as well." Mike Ryan, multimedia Manager, Borders Bookstore
"Listening to this eclectic CD will take you back to the beginning of time where ancient cultures spring to life. You will understand how some things came to be. You will hear and feel the resonance of primitive rhythm instruments from around the world. If you are even a little curious you will enjoy this recording from beginning to end!
You will learn about the origin of the Udu drum, find out why Kokopelli appears to have a hump on his back, how the first flute came to be and much, much more. Listening to the story of "Grandma and Her Drum", you can hear the sound of her jug as it falls to the ground and breaks. She is very upset with herself, but soon discovers that adversity can mean the discovery of a new sound; a musical sound!...
Storyteller, author, and musician Hawk Hurst has produced this new CD, filled with original and traditional ballads, poems, stories, and rhythmical creations. Hawk Has studied the primitive instruments you hear throughout this recording, along with the history and lore behind them. He personally handcrafts many of the flutes and drums that he uses in his performances. When not performing solo, he is a member of the Grammy-nominated band, SAPIEN: Whole World Music
You mustn't miss this multitalented storyteller's recording!"
ABOUT HAWK HURST:
In every society, in every part of the world, there were individuals whose task it was to keep the ancient mysteries alive and to pass them on by word of mouth. These individuals were entertainers, historians, tellers of tales, and musicians. They came to be highly esteemed and valued as bards. Hawk Hurst is a bard in the truest sense. An animated storyteller, talented musician, outdoor educator, flute and drum maker, his performances and multicultural programs are well renowned - delighting and captivating audiences of all ages.
* has shared his lively performances at both public and private schools for over ten years. He has offered artist-in-residency programs and performances across the country, as well as teaching college courses on the Oral Tradition & Personal Mythology at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
* is a founding and performing member of the Grammy nominated band, SAPIEN, which performs whole world music at schools, museums, universities, festivals, & fund-raisers across the Southeast. During the fall of 2000, Hawk was honored to tour and perform with SAPIEN in the Country of South Africa!
* has studied with some of the finest flute and drum makers across the country. He has been crafting and playing traditional Native American-style flutes and drums for over twelve years. Hawk first began playing African drums and percussion, over fifteen years ago.
* is the cofounder and director of a unique, nonprofit summer camp and outdoor education center, E.A.R.T.H. Camp Programs @ Silver Water Retreat. The programs focus on ancient living skills, organic gardening, environmental awareness, alternative energy, and community.
* earned a Masters of Science degree in Environmental Education from Lesley College & the Audubon Expedition Institute, as well as Bachelors of Science degrees in both Political Science & in Psychology, from the University of Oklahoma.
"Hawk's gentle approach to teaching and storytelling has touched the lives of hundreds of students in our school. He has a way of allowing each child to be treated with kindness and respect, not only from him but from each other." Yvonne Poppen, 5th Grade, West Hills Elementary, Knoxville, TN
"You charmed us with your music, captivated us with your stories, showed us where we've come from & challenged us to appreciate & live in harmony with the natural world around us." Nancy Frady, School Teacher, Hendersonville, NC.
Programs & Performances
"You are remarkably intuitive and kind in such a way that the students respond enthusiastically to your stories, music, and instruction. You are a gifted model for teachers and parents in encouraging positive relationships and rapport with young people." Joy Hughes Harrell, Middle School Music Teacher, Christ Church Episcopal School, Greenville, South Carolina.
"What a wonderful energy and calm you brought to our school - those sounds, songs, and stories were powerful! You have a marvelous way of connecting with all of the students." Tom Manke, Head Naturalist, Hammond M.S., Columbia, SC.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 327539)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!