MP3 The Have EP - ROCK: Classic Rock
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
7 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Classic Rock, ROCK: 70's Rock
The Have formed in the early days of 2002, while still in the clutches of high school in Wanganui New Zealand. And still at only 19 years old they haven't really slowed down......
'The Have. It was the end of the night, I was drained. They just rocked. They really blew me away' Arnold Frolows, Ex Music Director, Triple J Network
* Their first single 'Right On' got strong support in NZ on College Radio and Active Rock. It was licensed for an X Box TV Commercial and Canterbury Commercial for Rugby World Cup in NZ and the Super 12's in Australia. The video was a finalist in the 'Breakthrough Artist' award at the 2003 Juice TV Awards (satellite national 24 hour music TV).
* 'The FuzzÃÂÂ´, their second single was licensed for the worldwide release of the EA Game 'Rugby 2005' which was released in May 2005.
* The band is sponsored by Converse, Red Bull and Lee Jeans.
* The Have performed at the 2004 South by South West Music Festival in Austin, Texas. Their SXSW showcase was heavily attended by UK and US music industry people including Carson Daly, Steve Lamacq, Zane Lowe, as well as A&R from most record companies.
* In April 2004 the UK music industry magazine 'Music Week' did a 'Best of SXSW 2004' story with an accompanying free CD. Out of the 11 bands featured, 10 were from North America and one was from Wanganui, New Zealand - The Have!!! Other bands in the Top 11 were The Killers, TV on The Radio, and The Dears
'This year's Kiwi buzz band was The Have, who attracted a heavily count of A&R heads' Music Week
* The band also gained the support of the A&R Network in Los Angeles and consequently "The Fuzz" and 'Monday through Friday' has been played on Indie 103.1 in LA.
* Their third single 'What You OweÃÂÂ´ was a Top 10 Rock Airplay Hit in NZ
* In October 16th 2004 Billboard Magazine The Have were featured as 'one to watch' in the Australian/New Zealand special.
* Back in NZ the Have released their self funded debut EP/mini-album in May 2004 to great reviews:
'The Wanganui band's seven track CD is a sexy, teenage aural pleasure....this mini-album is a 2004 catalogue of 70s rock style and cool energy, blessed with hooks and mucho good taste. Catch them live while you can afford it.' Real Groove
'What a pearler - seven tracks of scorching hard rocking bliss from this young New Zealand (hailing from Wanganui originally no less) four piece who are quite definitely going places.' Smoke CD's
* The boys were accepted again to SXSW in 2005 and performed another acclaimed, packed showcase. From this showcase they have confirmed US producer Barrett Jones (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Evermore) to produce their debut album. Recording begins in January 2006.
'It's been a long time since I had seen a really great rock and roll show.....(and) I would be just as quick to proclaim them rock and roll as hell.
It's a Texas rock and roll tradition to spit beer on bands we dig to show appreciation; this was the only show during SXSW where I had to wipe my camera off'
US writer Aubrey Edwards for Rip It Up
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 330489)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!