MP3 Hollister Fracus - Scar
An explosive EP filled with inescapable guitar riffs, giant vocal hooks, and powerful melodies all woven together with imagery of personal suffering and deliverance of the kind we all experience.
5 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Hard Rock, METAL: Power Metal
Hollister Fracus - it''s a strong name for a strong band. In fact, the name itself is a reference to an explosive event in American history where a brotherhood of individuals dared to declare its independence from the norm and proved that they stood for something that set them apart from the ordinary. It is this same determination and strength that drives this band to combine powerful grooves and upfront melodies in their songwriting with infectious enthusiasm and undeniable energy in their live shows. Their music is comparable to such popular bands as Disturbed, Godsmack, and Sevendust in that they build their songs around very memorable hooks without losing even an ounce of intensity along the way. Hollister Fracus possesses an insatiable hunger that will always take them to the next level and enables them to accept any challenge and take every hurdle in stride! Truly a self-motivated band, they strive for the highest levels of professionalism possible in everything they do.
With the release of their 5 song SCAR E.P. on October 31st, 2003, the band is already receiving a tremendous level of positive response to the new material. During the past several months, Hollister Fracus has put together quite an impressive string of accomplishments:
* A finalist in the prestigious 5 Band Showcase at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (Houston''s largest amphitheater), Hollister Fracus is looking forward to opening for several major touring acts there this summer/fall.
* The band was chosen by Pam Kelly, host of The Texas Buzz local music program on 94.5FM KTBZ (Houston''s largest market-share rock station), to be the featured band of the week on two separate occasions. Currently, Systematic by Hollister Fracus is one of the top requested songs on the program. The second single Curse has just begun to receive airplay.
* As one of the top 10 requested bands on The Texas Buzz, HF was chosen to compete in a "Battle of the Bands" event. In the online voting round, they received twice as many votes as the closest rival. That earned HF a spot on the live showcase in front of a club full of Houston fans and a panel of judges. A resounding victory there landed the band on the Ernie Ball Stage of the Van''s Warped Tour in Houston along with bands such as Rancid, AFI, The Used, Andrew WK, The Ataris, and many more.
* Nominated for the highly respected Houston Press Music Awards ''03, the band was selected to play a live showcase during the day-long showcase. Leading up to this year''s event, the Houston Press interviewed the band and ran a feature article on Hollister in a recent issue. This is HF''s second year to be nominated. Through this nomination and showcase, the band gained significant exposure all across the greater Houston area via heavy print and radio promotions.
* Systematic caught the ear of the judges in the 1-800-Call ATT Battle of the Bands and is now one of only ten songs chosen to play on the Undiscovered Hard Rock channel of 1-800-Call ATT Radio!
Every accomplishment listed above has taken place in 2003 and each one is based on the strength of the Hollister Fracus live performance as well as the buzz over the upcoming EP. This buzz is not limited just to Houston - the band has been playing shows around Texas from Corpus Christi down south to Dallas in the north and has been enthusiastically received everywhere they have performed. They are determined to build upon these accomplishments and to continue reaching for new heights!