MP3 Stephen Hunter - Hard Place
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
8 MP3 Songs
COUNTRY: Country Rock, FOLK: Folk Blues
Nashville is the heart of the country music industry. It is a HARD PLACE to get noticed, much less validated. After 6 years there, Stephen had no Manager, no Label, no Publisher. Then, a funny thing happened. Rusty Miller, Program Director for FM93.7, got a copy of Stephen's first CD, "Finding Time". Bingo... A song from the album was played on Nashville radio every day for the next 7 months. In a city full of artists who have label deals, only a relative handful ever get regular airplay. Listen to his music and you will know why. Dale Russell, lead guitarist for the legendary rockers, "The Guess Who", liked what he heard so much that he signed on as lead guitarist for Stephen's new album, as did Kathy Burkly, drummer for the regionally famous Boston group, "Girl's Night Out".
Pick any of the sound bites from this new album:
1. HARD PLACE straight forward rockn'roll with a wry look at our fast-paced, and CHOSEN life style.
2. LOVE'S HIGHWAY wincing twist on the dangerous in-roads of our relationships.
3. SPEED OF THE SOUND OF LONELINESS Stephen's cover of that great John Prine song.
4. JESUS MET GERONIMO hmmmm...you need to listen to this
5. JEAN'S POINT could be pop, could be country, could be one of your favorite ballads.
6. PLENTY OF TIME humorous look at waiting for your one & only.
7. SPRINGSTEEN SINGIN' edgy vocals about the judgmental nature of love.
8. CALEB is for the gunslinger in all of us.
Even in a city of artists like Nashville, Stephen Hunter stands out. One look or one listen and you know you're faced with a presence as unique as a Johnny Cash, a Dylan, or a Prine. Tall, long hair, intense native American features, feathers, leggings & mocassins (hand made from scratch). An acoustic guitar style that is intricate yet spontaneous. A deep baritone that can dance, growl, croon, keen, whisper or yodel as the mood dictates. His vocal stretches from rumbling bass notes to high falsettos with ease. Songs full of longing, sensuality, sadness, humor, honesty.
Stephen grew up in Memphis, Tennessee and Ennis, Texas, where his grandparents lived. Singer/songwriters like Dylan, Bob Seger, Harry Chapin, Bruce Cockburn, and Jagger were big influences on his writing and vocals. A serious painter and lifelong poet, his songs, fittingly, are almost cinematic, as you will hear.
RADIO PLAYLISTS (WORLDWIDE)
**Ray Pieters, RADIO GOLDEN FLASH (Belgium) - Your cd just sounds great !!
**Alex Pijnen, BRTO RADIO COUNTRY SALOON (The Netherlands)
**WHOLE WHEAT RADIO (Alaska)
**Mike Penard, ISA RADIO (France) - Thank you so much for the very good music you sent me and that perfectly fit my format. I particularly like tracks 1,2,3,4 ,5 and 8.
**Al Watts of Big Al's Rhythm RoundUP, PBS (Melbourne, Australia)
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 342576)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!