This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 2,940,231 satisfied buyers
MP3 James Angell - Private Player
"The underground classic of 2002" as Angell''s new release was aptly named by this All Music Guide Pick at 4 1/2 Stars, "A brilliant exercise in modern day psychedelia. Angell''s music is unique in that he wields influences as far-flung as jazz, soul, pop..
8 MP3 Songs
POP: British Pop, ROCK: Modern Rock
Paul McCartney and Dennis D''Amico have selected the first track "Ooh Love" for the Garland Appeal''s upcoming compilation CD. Angell will perform his songs live with a full orchestra backing him with the Garland Appeal. "The underground classic of 2002" as Angell''s new release was aptly named by this All Music Guide Pick, was also well reviewed by The New Yorker "...Angell returns with an album of ambitious orchestral psychedelia, "Private Player," that''s earned justifiable comparisons to the hallmark of the genre, Love''s "Forever Changes." Alternative Press shouted, "With its beautiful tunes and emotive vocals ''Private Player'' introduces a major new talent." Magnet Magazine also gave praise. John Taylor (Duran Duran) has now joined the band performing with Angell. Interestingly, David Bowie has also personally voiced his intent to make a bid and potentially sign Angell to his independent label, ISO. Angell -- a fixture during the frenzy of the early 90''s northwest music explosion, has performed, written and recorded with such P-town notables as Courtney Taylor-Taylor (The Dandy Warhols), Eric Matthews, Tony Lash (Heatmiser, Elliot Smith), Daniel Riddle (King Black Acid) and Thee Slayer Hippy, producer and drummer of the notorious heavyweight punks, (Poison Idea). After years of group effort he finally embarked on what so many had been asking for, a solo album. He dropped out of the scene, had a daughter, designed and built a house in the woods and purchased enough recording gear to make this record. He sat in his kitchen with a piano, a synth, a mic and finished producing "Private Player". Beneath these arrangements lies a gritty soul, a sound track for the subconscious giving everyday events a cinematic gravity.
* XM Satellite Radio -- 2004 stay tuned for the upcoming live performance and interview.
* Portland: March 9th James will perform with Courtney Taylor of the Dandy Warhols at the Ohm.
* Los Angeles: Live performance and national broadcast on KCRW & [email protected]://www.tradebit.com show NewGround hosted by Chris Douridas (Past A&R DreamWorks) on April 27th. Accompanying James will be Eric Matthews (Trumpet) and Phil Baker (Bass/Dianna Ross). Following the broadcast in Los Angeles: April 30th at the Spaceland. On May 2nd at the Silverlake Lounge.
* Oregon: August 8th James will open for Chris Isaak at the Amphitheater in Bend, Oregon.
* New York City: September 15th: James performs at The Tonic.
* New York City: September 16th: WNYC interview & live performance with host, John Schaefer. Airs 2 PM EST.
* New York City: September 16th, & 20th: The Knitting Factory & The Fez Ballroom.
* James Angell invited to play CMJ in New York City.
* James Angell & John Taylor (Duran Duran) play the Crystal Ballroom January 4th. Music Millennium at 1PM.
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.