This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 3,091,108 satisfied buyers
MP3 Joni Janak - The Wind
An album of standard favorites, Joni Janak is a singer with remarkable phrasing, articulation, perfect intonation, and such emotive interpretation of the lyrics, the listener is convinced that Joni just experienced what she sang.
13 MP3 Songs
JAZZ: Jazz Vocals, EASY LISTENING: Crooners/Vocals
Born and raised in Amarillo, Texas, vocalist Joni Janak attended college at Texas Tech University on a Vocal Scholarship. Her passion for music began when she was a youngster. With the attraction for the vocal style of Doris Day as her early influence, Joni soon journeyed into the world of jazz.
Her innate talent was influenced by both belonging to a music-oriented family, as well as listening to the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Dakota Staton, Ethel Ennis, Irene Kral, June Christy, and other singers - especially those fronting big bands. Her grandparents and parents owned, operated and taught in the Amarillo College of Music.
In 1969, she moved to Denver, Colorado and has lived there since. She is considered to be The Song Stylist in that geographic location - and to the ears of many fans, The Singer of Choice throughout the world.
Her reputation for excellence is heard in her performances, as well as on her recordings as a leader, Let''s Live Again (JLECD- 44004), The Wind (JLECD-4123), and on Centerpiece Jazz'' Get Outta Here! (JLECD-8400) on the Jazz Link Enterprises label. She is also featured on (drummer) Ron Moewes'' CD, Ron Moewes and Friends: All This You Gave to Me (JLECD-6099).
Additionally, she is heard on several of KUVO-89.3 FM 24-hour-a-day jazz radio station''s live Performance Studio CDs that are compilations of musicians used for fund-raising premiums.
Performing professionally since age 13, she has worked and/or recorded with such notables as Carl Fontana, Stefan Karlsson, Marvin Stamm, Ed Soph, Tom Warrington, Ross Tompkins, Carson Smith, Bill Watrous, Andy Simpkins, Jake Hanna, Bob Cooper and Conte and Pete Candoli.
She has worked with many musicians in Colorado, including Ellyn Rucker, Ron Moewes, Ed Stephen, Dean Ross, Dale Bruning, Rich Chiaraluce, Eric Gunnison, Jeff Jenkins, The Gordon Dooley Orchestra, Ken Walker, Roger Campbell, Mark Simon, Colin Gieg, The Hot Tomatoes, Dean Bushnell Big Band, and Paul Romaine.
Her first European tour occurred in Derry, Northern Ireland in 2001, followed by a highly acclaimed appearance during the Derry Jazz Festival in 2002. While there, she was a guest on several television and radio programs.
In the United States, her CDs are played by syndicated radio hosts Bob Bednar, Bob Parlocha, Jim Wilke, and Ross Gentile. Collectively, these radio programs are heard in more than 100 cities throughout the United States, as well as being streamed from their websites world- wide.
Her CDs are available at https://www.tradebit.com or you can reach her at [email protected]://www.tradebit.com.
Jude Hibler - Owner
Jazz Link Enterprises
* Vocal Scholarship, Texas Tech University
* Private lessons in mike technique and stage appearance
* Featured soloist with Al Ferguson''s Band celebrating the 100th Birthday of George Gershwin
* The Woody Herman Band
* Dale Bruning Quartet with Jazz Narrator Jude Hibler:
The Timeless Music of Jimmy Van Heusen - Greeley
The Timeless Music of Jimmy Van Heusen - Longmont
The Timeless Music of Hoagy Carmichael and Duke Ellington - Longmont
* The Las Vegas Jazz Society Presents:
- A Tribute To Legendary Jazz Pianist/Composer Russ Freeman with Mr. Freeman as the Special Audience Guest; featuring Joni Janak.
Appearing with her: Ellyn Rucker, pno; Bob Badgley, bs; Santo Savino, dr
* Stan Kenton Alumni Reunion - UNLV, Las Vegas
* Alan Grant''s Monday Night Jazz - The Four Queen''s - Las Vegas
* Newport Beach Concert with Carl Fontana - Hyatt Newporter Hotel
* Featured soloist with the Amarillo Symphony Orchestra - Pops Concert
Jazz Cruise Ships
* The Southward with the Johnny Carson Tonight Show Allstars
* The Gordon Dooley Orchestra - featured vocalist
* Royal Palms Inn with Carl Fontana - Phoenix
* Las Vegas
* Colorado Springs
* Derry (Ireland) Jazz Festival
* Evergreen, Winter Park, Keystone, Pikes Peak, Longmont (Colorado)
National Commercials Produced by Fred Arthur Productions:
* United Van Lines * Visa * Landmark Hotel - Las Vegas * Grease Monkey * Westin Hotels * Fisher Sound * Sanyo * PGA Golf
* Elitches * KMGH-TV * Jerry Roth Chevrolet
* Kitchens by Kline * Christy Lodge - Vail * Mountain States Bank * Stapleton Airport * Tabor Center * Picnic on the Roof
CDs as Leader
* Let''s Live Again - JLECD44004
* The Wind - JLECD4123
* Centerpiece Jazz'' Get Outta Here! - JLECD-8400
[As a Featured Artist]
* Ron Moewes and Friends: All This You Gave to Me - JLECD-6099
* KUVO-89.3 FM jazz radio station live Performance Studio CDs
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.