MP3 Jayme Kelly Curtis - Sugar & Sand: A Trilogy in Three Moods
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
Brad Kava, San Jose Mercury News
12 MP3 Songs
BLUES: Blues Vocals, ROCK: Acoustic
Sugar & Sand, is subtitled A Trilogy in Three Moods, and reflects a wide-range of musical interests. It's equal parts sweetness and grit from a soulful singer of rock, blues, folk and jazz.
Jayme Kelly Curtis's songs and powerful voice have won praise from listeners, press and radio stations, as well as worldwide airplay. Sugar & Sand features outstanding performances by such acoustic heavyweights as mandolinist/piper RADIM ZENKL, violinist AUTUMN HANCOCK, drummer/percussion wizard RICK WALKER, rock legend DAVE MENIKETTI, CAROL McCOMB on Dobro, and many others.
GUIDE TO SUGAR & SAND: A TRILOGY IN THREE MOODS
The Journey Begins With A Psychedelic Attitude:
1) Past Lives (5:07) This spooky love song branches from acoustic roots to a modern rock groove on the choruses. What is the result of acting on our fantasies?
2) Running Start (3:47) A searing dialogue of mandolin and violin frames themes of emotional loss and recovery, flanked by driving rock drums. A song about finding ourselves after many false starts.
3) Sugar & Sand (3:47) Snippets from George W. Bush, hip hop drums and expressive violin punctuate this anti-war ballad with a rapping portrait of modern media culpability.
Part Two Showcases Jayme's Love Of The Blues:
4) Blues with the Boys (3:53) A flirtatious country blues with National Steel Guitar and Harmonica.
5) The Earthquake (That Was You) (3:30) A classic Chicago-style blues of love gone bad with honky tonk piano and ripping electric guitar by shred master Dave Meniketti .
6) When I Was Still A Girl (3:50) Carol McComb's sweet Dobro® weaves around Jayme's finger picked guitar in this nostalgic, folksy blues.
7) Do The Dishes, Too (2:34) A good-natured poke at the battle of the sexes featuring Walter Bankovitch's stride piano.
Part Three Segues Into Folkloric Jazz Ballads:
8) Into The Night (3:00) Trumpet provides an unusual counterpoint to acoustic guitar in this lyrical ode to the velvet night.
9) Shore of Wakefulness (4:07) Middle Eastern rhythms and multi-layered flugelhorns pay homage to the muse of poetry and music. What is this voice that calls us from our beds?
10) Pretty Eye (3:51) A mystical song of eternal love highlighted by Radim Zenkl's outstanding mandolin, Didgeridoo and low Celtic whistle. Love wholly, but with appropriate boundaries.
11) Tall Poppies (4:58) Self-doubt, jealousy, and the intentions of God are explored with lush piano, violin and soaring harmonies.
12) From A Simple Joy (2:53) A sweet denouement of ukulele, violin and soaring vocals in a song of love found at last.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 356655)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!