Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain (txt)
BY MARK TWAIN
Here is the story of Tom, Huck, Becky, and Aunt Polly; a tale of adventures, pranks, playing hookey, and summertime fun. Written by the author sometimes called "the Lincoln of literature," The Adventures of Tom Sawyer was surprisingly neither a critical nor a financial success when it was first published in 1876. It was Mark Twain's first novel. However, since then Tom Sawyer has become his most popular work, enjoying dramatic, film, and even Broadway musical interpretations.
P R E F A C E
MOST of the adventures recorded in this book really occurred; one or two were experiences of my own, the rest those of boys who were schoolmates of mine. Huck Finn is drawn from life; Tom Sawyer also, but not from an individual -- he is a combina-
tion of the characteristics of three boys whom I knew, and therefore belongs to the composite order of archi-tecture.
More Files From This User
- How You Can Easily Keep On Top Of Your Finances - Master Resell Rights
- A Massive Collection of Winning Autoresponder Messages to Model, Copy and Swipe (Plus You Get The Rights to Sell This New Resource and Keep ALL the Profits!
- PS2 Sony Playstation 2 Complete Package (Repair, Cheats, and Guides) RESELL
- Web Site Templates - Package of 308 (zip) RESELL RIGHTS
- 25 Most Frequently asked questions on being a web master (zip)