A Man of Business - Honore de Balzac - zip
by Honore de Balzac
The word /lorette/ is a euphemism invented to describe the status of a personage, or a personage of a status, of which it is awkward to
speak; the French Academie, in its modesty, having omitted to supply a definition out of regard for the age of its forty members. Whenever a new word comes to supply the place of an unwieldy circumlocution, its fortune is assured; the word /lorette/ has passed into the language of
every class of society, even where the lorette herself will never gain
an entrance. It was only invented in 1840, and derived beyond a doubt from the agglomeration of such swallows' nests about the Church of Our Lady of Loretto. This information is for etymoligists only. Those gentlemen would not be so often in a quandary if mediaeval writers had only taken such pains with details of contemporary manners as we take
in these days of analysis and...
More Files From This User
- How You Can Easily Keep On Top Of Your Finances - Master Resell Rights
- A Massive Collection of Winning Autoresponder Messages to Model, Copy and Swipe (Plus You Get The Rights to Sell This New Resource and Keep ALL the Profits!
- PS2 Sony Playstation 2 Complete Package (Repair, Cheats, and Guides) RESELL
- Web Site Templates - Package of 308 (zip) RESELL RIGHTS
- 25 Most Frequently asked questions on being a web master (zip)