MP3 Joshua Meltzer - Digital dirt
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
8 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Roots Rock, ROCK: Acoustic
Born in Venice Beach California - hippy parents, a backyard of ocean and sand for miles, and a dog named Smokey. By 4 it's off to Hawaii - an orchid farm, a tree house, and a goat named Nanna. It's to the east coast and rural New York by 6 - a cabin, no electricity, no running water (as a matter of fact no real modern amenities at all), and a beakless rooster named lips. The unifying thread to Joshua's early years (besides the companionship of his fuzzy friends) was nature, space, creativity, imagination and especially music. With a bassist/floral designer for a Dad and an artist for a Mom, music was the fourth member of the family. First, there was the diverse collection of vinyl, then combine instruments from around the world as functional decor in every room, add musician friends on every couch and you have all the basic food groups for a starving artist to be. Joshua picked up every instrument he could get his hands on and was on his way.
Despite his unfulfilled plans to be a rock star by 18 Joshua kept his focus, held off on getting a "real" job, and hit the road. He formed the band "Primitive Ink" and toured the east coast enjoying regional success, always returning to his home base at The Bitter End in NYC. The fact that Joshua was writing songs for the band but not singing them eventually prompted his interest in finding his voice as a solo artist. He headed back to his roots and landed in Venice Beach. It was here that he began crafting his skills as a singer/songwriter less than a mile from where he was born.
While living in L.A. Joshua has developed a style as eclectic as the city. He has managed to keep his rustic past present in his music while forging ahead into the future. He currently divides his time between LA, New York, and Nashville recording and performing his own music, as well as co-writing with a wide array of artists. Following in the tradition of other hybrid artists such as Beck, Peter Gabriel and Dave Matthews, Joshua has found his place in the music world with a unique voice and diverse style that defies genres.
* VH1 Finalist for "Song of the Year" Contest for "Fall" in Pop category.
* International Songwriting Contest Second Place Winner for the Folk/Singer-Songwriter Category for "Gypsy Moon"
* John Lennon Songwriting Contest's Grand Prize Winner in the World Music Category for 2004
* Joshua's song " Philadelphia" will be featured on MTV's Real World Philadelphia, fall 2004
* Joshua has two co-writes on Eastmountainsouth's Dreamworks debut including the single " You dance", which reached number one on the "non com" Triple A charts.
* Recently nominated for an L.A. music award for best male singer/songwriter, 2004.
* ASCAP Advantage Award winner, 2004.
* Runner up in Shure Musical Roots contest, 2004.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 378651)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge