MP3 Judy Sandra - east/west fusion
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
4 MP3 Songs
WORLD: World Fusion, WORLD: World Traditions
JUDY SANDRA...the thinking person's diva!
Eclectic World Mix
See website for details: https://www.tradebit.com
Info: [email protected]://www.tradebit.com
Booking: [email protected]://www.tradebit.com
Judy Sandra is healing us softly with her songs. An extraordinary sound, Judy's music is an organic global blend. Piano and vocals joined by the beats of the tabla and the mesmerizing drone of the tanpura. A sweet fusion of western meets eastern music that is both inspired and inspiring. Says Judy, "I want to lift up my audience...I can't change other people and I can't change the world; I can only create from my singing and my music a rippling of positive vibrations into our common pool of life."
With a four octave range, this thinking person's diva sings her poetic, spiritual and philosophical songs in an intimate, soulful style. Trained in western classical and pop vocal technique, she is currently a disciple of the renowned classical Hindustani vocalist, Krishna Chakraborty of Calcutta, India.
About the songs:
All songs written by Judy Sandra (BMI)
© 2003 Judy Sandra, All Rights Reserved
1. Dancerless Dance (piano, tabla, tanpura machine, voice and spoken voice): Energized piano, tabla, smooth vocals, and layered voiceovers spinning out a true fusion of east and west. Written in English, and the first verse/chorus is tranlasted into and sung again in Hindi as the second verse/chorus.
2. Gentle Rain (piano, tabla, tanpura machine): An instrumental composition about the much welcome rain after a dry spell. The right hand imitates the drone notes of the tanpura, which was the inspiration for this piece--a meditation in sound.
3. Ride The Winds (piano, voice, bongos and light percussion): "These are the dark days of January/Hold on to your reins/Ride the winds"... A song for any season of melancholy, a "this too shall pass" message, in a dark Latin flavor--moody and tango-like.
4. Believing (piano, voice, light percussion): A spiritual and philosophical ballad based on an insight from one morning's meditation--"Listen to the sound from your heart/Your vision and reality are often apart...And the Truth is in the believing".
About the Musicians:
Judy Sandra, singer/songwriter/pianist/composer/writer
A trained vocalist, Judy is a songwriter, a writer with an M.A. in Creative Writing,and a self-taught pianist. Her intricate,lush piano arrangements stand as compositions on their own. States one reviewer: " Judy 's piano work flows into an emotive tapestry of colors, bringing the listener into a virtual dialog with her inner being." She has recently begun to write instrumental/ensemble music as well.
Wiley Arnold Sykes, III, tabla/percussion
Wiley A. Sykes is versed in the drumming traditions of India, West Africa, American jazz and Western classical music, performing in both traditional settings and his own transcultural creations. National tours have taken him with the likes of Bugs Bunny on Broadway to sarodist K. Sridhar and his own Philidor Percussion Group. He is a member of the Grand Teton Music Festival and principal percussionist with the Greensboro Symphony Orchestra.
"Opening her heart and soul to the world, Judy Sandra shares her vision in this 4 song EP. Highly personal, from the first cut tabla and tanpura sounds along with a second verse in Hindi identify this collection as something exotic, yet deeply spiritual."
Jimi Yamagishi, Director
SongNet, The L.A. Songwriters Network
"Congratulations! Great songs. Wonderful music!"
Kourosh Zolani, Iranian virtuoso santour player/composer
Winner 2003 Call to Arts Festival, L.A.
Judy's first CD Crossing The Border was well received by critics and fans and earned inclusion in independent reviewer Persy Grrl's Top CDs of 2000. (See https://www.tradebit.com "The music on here is too good to be lumped into singer/songwriter or pop music. And Judy's voice is so pretty, too...her lovely and inspired Sunday morning tunes made me smile for months". ( PersyGrrrl WHMW 91.5 FM CMU)
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 388104)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge