MP3 Justin Curtis - Living Room Confessions
An Americana mix of Hillbilly, Honky-tonk, folk and other roots styles.
11 MP3 Songs
COUNTRY: Country Folk, ROCK: Americana
With a "deep molasses voice" and "boundless talent as a songwriter", Justin Curtis entertains all whom cross his path. It''s impossible to ignore this storyteller''s stage presence. Once captured by his tales of truth, heartache and emotion, people can''t help but become excited about Country Music again, or for the first time.
The Justin Curtis experience all begins with the song. Easily accessible songs about life''s triumphs as well as failed love, death and bad weather. A contemporary Americana mix of hillbilly, honky-tonk, folk, and other roots styles capable of making you laugh or cry, sometimes both. His lyrics are cleverly woven together, never contrived or gimmicky. This is music with girth, perfect for an audience that continues to demand more substance.
Lazy J Records is proud to present the Justin Curtis CD "Living Room Confessions". Eleven acoustic versions of his best songs about truth, heartbreak and survival. Eleven songs about life.
This album was inspired by Johnny Cash, Steve Earle, Doc Watson Jimmy Rodgers and other artists not afraid to use acoustic arrangements. The songs were inspired by real people, real places and real dreams. All more or less true stories told with a guitar in the living rooms and backyards of friends and family.
Besides Justin singing and strumming guitar, the record features Joe Payne on guitar, banjo and mandolin. The acoustic bass duties were divided up between Sally-Jo and Brendan Ryan. Mike Stromberg played dobro. Steve Jacoby, Amber Johnson, Jeremy Johnson and Peter Wilson supplied the supporting vocals.
It is a collection of painfully honest songs with delightfully naked arrangements. The production is stripped bare to reveal all the raw emotion as these tales of the heart are told by the commanding baritone voice of Justin Curtis.
It may be acoustic, but it ain''t tame!
Presently Justin is living in Los Angeles, California with his beautiful wife/bass player Sally-Jo and a cat named Rigby.
1. Charlie - Songwriting is easy, farming is hard.
2. Nothing Lasts Forever - A clever play on words.
3. You Call My Name - The wrong relationship can be very very bad for you.
4. For the Dreamers - One day I was ambushed by romantic feelings
5. Not Tonight - I wrote this song many years ago when I was flat broke. Some things never change.
6. Perfect Friend - A good friendship can last a lifetime. This one didn''t.
7. Midnight In Jackson - Not an appropriate song for a wedding, but I played it anyway.
8. Just Tell Me Why - A bouncy little song about rejection.
9. Ride Into The Night - Blood, death and true love.
10. You Won''t Let Me In - Relationships and weather, they both can be unpleasant.
11. Nothing To Do - A happy tune about being depressed.
Also available the stompin'' hillbilly CD "Talk Talk Talk"