MP3 Karen Kuykendall & Sterling Price-McKinney - Cafe Manhattan: Unreleased
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
12 MP3 Songs
EASY LISTENING: Cabaret, EASY LISTENING: Musicals/Broadway
About the songs...
1. Medley: I Like You, You're Nice (Blossom Dearie & Linda Albert) I'm Shadowing You (Blossom Dearie & Johnny Mercer)
To the Ends of the Earth (Joe Sherman & Noel Sherman)
2. Stay Awhile (Arthur Siegel & Mae Richard)
3. Ours (Cole Porter)
4. Too Many Mornings (Stephen Sondheim)
5. The Cole Porter Medley - Night and Day, Begin the Beguine, Let's Not Talk About Love, Love for Sale, From This Moment On, How's Your Romance?, All of You, At Long Last Love, So In Love, What is This Thing Called Love?, In the Still of the Night (Cole Porter)
6. Lonely Lounge (Sterling Price-McKinney)
7. The Fat Lady is Sick Today (Sterling Price-McKinney)
8. Almost (Sterling Price-McKinney)
9. Out of the Blue (Sterling Price-McKinney)
10. The Ballerina Song (Sterling Price-McKinney)
11. Where Will I Find My Heart? (Sterling Price-McKinney)
12. The Bilbao Song (Kurt Weill & Bertold Brecht, English lyric Michael Feingold)
About "Cafe Manhattan"...
"Some combinations you just don't question: scotch and soda, satin and lace, lovers and Paris. As pairs, they create such an effortless sense of rightness of mood, elegance, style - that their union is never an issue. We accept without a thought that they belong together. Add to this list the oh-so-right combinations the duo of Sterling Price-McKinney and Karen Kuykendall."
"She created the public character of a devil-may-care hostess with a husky voice; he played stride piano and sang with the wit of Coward, the wistfulness of Harold Arlen." -Michael Barnes-
"She is a slightly scorched butterfly made wary by too many flights over the candle's flame; he is the hopeful optimist who still knows about dreams being dashed to the ground. Together that make a charming, ever-so-sophisticated duo - Gertrude Lawrence crooning to Noel Coward - and they have honed their musical performance to a fine mellow sheen."
"Redolent of the 30's even when it's modern - decadent, campy, bitchy, and quite extraordinarily clever songs presented with impeccably mannered delivery and backchat.
-Music City News-
"Price-McKinney's lyrics are rarely accessories to the melody, and they sometimes take aim at the heart, hitting the soul and maybe a tear duct on the way."
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 404956)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!