MP3 Dayna Malow - Tangled Up In You
A bit of Pop, a bit of folk, and a whole lot of Country.
10 MP3 Songs
COUNTRY: Country Pop, COUNTRY: Modern Country
Dayna Malow grew up in Skokie, IL, just 10 miles North of Chicago. She began studying voice at the age of 14 and performed locally throughout her High School years. Upon graduating, she attended the University of Miami to study jazz voice and studio recording.
Living in Florida, surrounded by some of the country''s finest jazz musicians and immersed in the Latin culture, one would think Dayna would have chosen the path of jazz chanteuse or Latin songstress. Instead she was most enthralled by the music coming from under the door of her Kentucky born roommate. He introduced her to artists such as Alison Krauss, Lucinda Williams, and Lynn Miles. Her newfound passion inspired her to embrace the traditions of Country music as both singer and songwriter.
After graduating college, Dayna returned to Chicago determined to use her hometown advantage to jump-start her career. She took every performance opportunity that came her way; singing with acapella groups, swing bands, wedding bands, rock bands, and country bands, at bars, clubs, festivals, and hotels. All the while she constantly networked with musicians, club owners and agents, knowing that eventually she would need these contacts to get her solo project off the ground.
In late 2001, she did just that with the release of her first album, Anywhere but here. The album received much local acclaim, receiving numerous accolades and highly favorable reviews. Acting as artist, manager, booking agent, and bandleader, Dayna began booking shows throughout the Midwest. By the end of 2003 she had secured dates with Country superstars like Blake Shelton, Gary Alan, Mark Wills, and many others, playing some of the areas most popular and prestigious venues and festivals. Currently, Dayna''s 2004 schedule boasts over 80 shows. Her songs can be heard on Country radio stations throughout the region, as well as various Internet and overseas stations. In addition to her solo pursuit, Dayna regularly performs with the Illinois based USO troupe, providing entertainment at special events and military installations throughout the Midwest.
The release of her first album also brought many calls to collaborate with various talented and notable songwriters. A result of one such pairing was the song "Duermo en las calle", written with Fred Scott, Alberto Gaitan, Ed Williams, and Emilio Estefan. "Duermo en las calle" was released by legendary Cuban artist Albita Rodriguez, and is featured on her Grammy award-winning album "Albita Llega". The song can be heard on Spanish radio stations throughout the world.
In late 2003 Dayna began to plan the recording of her second album. With longtime friend and Nashville based musician, Doug Sisemore, acting as producer, she journeyed to Nashville to work with some of Country music''s finest. This Fall their efforts will be realized with the release of her second album, "Tangled Up In You".
Additional Appearances and Accolades:
- Appeared on the nationally distributed Swing Compilation "Jump and Jive Chicago", produced by Big Chicago Records.
- Original composition "Anywhere but here", chosen by Chick Singer Night Productions for their nationally distributed compilation The Sound of Women''s Dreams. Other artists chosen include; Chicago based singer/songwriter, Ingrid Graudins (formerly with Jonatha Brooke), and Grammy award winning artist, Lari White.
- Original composition "Anywhere but here" was the winner of the Chicago Music Guide''s "Music Madness Competition"; a 6 round public internet poll.
- Original composition "Comin'' Home" to be featured on the USO of Illinois''s Chicago artist compilation. The CD will be distributed worldwide to over 50,000 military personnel in late 2004.
- Opening appearances for the following National Artists:
Billy Ray Cyrus
The Doobie Brothers
Rebecca Lynn Howard
Cross Canadian Ragweed