MP3 The Messies - Behind Every Scream
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
11 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Punk, POP: California Pop
The Messies are
Kelly Kidd-Lead Vocals
The Messies were formed in the spring of 2003 by Kelly Kidd, who hails from the small farming town of Foley, Minnesota, population 2,154. Kidd had already been beating the Hollywood streets as a singer/songwriter and once persuaded a record label to sign him. Shortly after, the deal went bust and Kidd returned to selling sun block and swimsuits. Realizing his own life and career was in a mess he once again set out to rock
Thomas Gallmeier, drummer, had met Kidd in a 12 step program in Hollywood and instead of completing steps 10-12 the two designed a strategy to "bounce-back" into music. Kidd once stated he thought 12 steps was actually a hip-hop class at CRUNCH gym. For Gallmeier, who once resided in Germany, having played all over the world, this was his chance to trade in his lederhosen for a shot at the big time.
Guitarist Sergio Alva, on a whim, tried out for the Messies under a different name and scored the gig that could have been his roommate's. Sergio's roommate was set to audition for the Messies, but was nowhere to be found on the day of his audition. Sergio decided to take up on this opportunity and audition under his roommate's name. Little did he know that his mischief would make him a Messie.
Spike came from Iowa to join the Messies with little more than a guitar and a dream. Originally a front man/guitar player for a punk band, Spike's guitar-playing found new dimensions by learning the drums and by exposure to hip-hop rhythms through a stint as a DJ. Thinking that his audition for the Messies was actually a support group for those addicted to support groups, he decided to give the band a shot anyway.
Bassist JB 'Buster' Aletky grew up alongside guitarist Sergio Alva in the city of Los Angeles. Before Buster became a Messie, he helped Sergio learn songs for his first Messies gig. One fateful day, the Messies former bassist failed to show for a gig. Luckily, Buster knew the songs and was ready to step up and fill the shoes of the missing Messie. He saved the Messies from certain disaster, rocking beyond expectations. Since then he has been a permanent fixture with the Messies on stage, adding his own creativity and style to their exciting performances.
The Messies often get compared to others in their genre, however, their second album, entitled "Life Gets Meaner," will set them apart even further with their blend of electronic and rock. The Messies, most noted for their fun and smart lyrics will knock you out for the count with a new raw energy and fresh sound which promises to be put on "repeat." The new CD will be available in October 2005.
This is what the messies have been up to:
* 2003 the messies formed and began playing the L.A. Club Scene. This provides the practice venues for the messies as they travel between the Viper Room, the El Rey Theatre, the Whiskey, the Gig and the Roxy, to mention a few, by night and the recording studio by day.
* the messies become a featured band in KIIS FM's summer long talent hunt and Rick Dees' and Ellen K's favorite with their song "Super Sexy."
* the messies play for the Mighty Ducks in Anaheim during Stanley Cup playoffs in 2003.
* 2004 Orange County-Fountain Valley and Westminster High Schools are first to sign up for the messies free concert series benefitting school youth organizations and teen oriented non-profit foundations.
* the messies open for the B-52's at Southern California shows.
* the messies are also playing with Fall Out Boy and the Scissor Sisters at select shows in L.A. and Orange County.
* The Virgin Megastore in Hollywood picks the messies as one of ten unsigned bands to be carried in their store.
* Clear Channel promotes shows at the house of blues and the Avalon for the messies and the B-52's.
* the messies are promoted in Shape magazine through an article reviewing the best workout music.
* the messies are featured in XM Satellite Radio.
* the messies are featured on mtv's laguna beach, season 1 DVD, due out in late spring, 2005!
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 455841)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!