MP3 David Mirabella - Breakheart Skyline
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
11 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Americana, ROCK: Roots Rock
A mix of rootsy rock, gentle folk and noisy weird, Breakheart Skyline is the result of a few months of hiking, reading creepy stories and mythology and heading home to write songs. While it was recorded at home and somewhat lowfi and not perfect at every turn, I personally think that it is a great sounding CD that flows well as an album.
Some snippits from reviews individual songs have picked up along the way include:
- Sort of brings to mind the album that could have been produced if Wilco, Radiohead and Neil Young all sat in studio and tried to remake the dead's American Beauty (while drunk.)
- This catches the listener's attention. Love the dobro, and it's sparing use. Instantly takes me above the tree tops. Vocals remind me of early Neil Young, before the acid. It also has a nice Elliot Smith slant, with down trotten lyrical strokes.
- Some raw stuff, some progressive stuff. I like that this seemlessly blends Smashing Pumpkins sort of 90s alternative rock and Johnny Cash sort of 60s country. It has a very unique and original sound. I also like that it is not overplayed. The acoustic arrangement really gives it some air to breathe and lets the listenener attach to the vocal delivery and slide acoustic guitar solo without anything else getting in the way.
- Good stuff, very original, lots of talent, good performance.
- A nice piece of soul, I love piano intros, this was nice. Vocals were well done. The mood is mellow. That slide guitar is so perfect with this song. Thanks for creating a nice piece of soul. Good luck, adding it to my playlist.
- Subtle Guitars, nice slide. Very Moody. very laid back feel.
I am not a 'real musician' I'm not playing dozens of gigs, not working everyday to improve my 'chops', not always in tune and I certainly don't expect to "make it."
What I am is a guy who's been playing in bands since 8th grade and who still loves playing guitar and writing songs but mostly, who loves trying to capture the styles and sounds in my head and put them down in a form that I can enjoy listening to.
Most of the time I do that. I'm intertested in how things sound together, the mood, the vibe and the few moments of chill inducing beauty that I hope I can produce here or there in a tune. I can't promise that these songs will floor you with my "skills", or "shake you with my insight and talent as a songwriter", but if you can have it on while driving down a highway and think "wow - this is a perfect music for this moment," or be listening and think "damn - that song makes me feel like its autumn" or "that guitar solo sounds like a sunset" - well you get the point.
I still listen to this cd a year or so after finishing it and if I, who should be sick of it, can stand it, then I think you might like it too.
Influences people tell me they hear in my tunes include: Wilco, Buffalo Tom, Radiohead, Dylan, The Band, Neil Young, Aerosmith, The Kinks, The Stones, Zepplin, Greg Dulli, Lyle Lovett, Greg Brown, David Baerwald, The Indigo Girls, REM, Poi Dog Pondering, Pink Floyd and Dan Cray.
Order a CD and check it out... and thanks!
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 461391)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!