MP3 Ish - Cardboard Wings
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
11 MP3 Songs in this album (30:21) !
Related styles: KIDS/FAMILY: Sing-Along/Interactive, KIDS/FAMILY: Educational
People who are interested in Raffi Jack Johnson Tom Chapin should consider this download.
The Music â all original, upbeat and positive â ISH (I Share Happiness) delightfully combines his contagious enthusiasm and natural âPied Piper personalityâ with his imaginative musical and comical talents.
âYou don't have to participate with ISH to have a good time...but you will want to! His shows are fun, upbeat and always come with a positive message. What more could you ask from an entertainer..."
ISH is a multi-talented Singer-Songwriter and Musician (guitar, mandolin, banjo, harmonica and Appalachian dulcimer); his heartfelt songs range from soft, sweet ballads to a mix of upbeat folk, blues and bluegrass.
ISH's charm and ability to relate to everyone from toddlers to grandparents is something that makes him unique and in demand. His performances are interactive, playful and shared in a socially responsible way.
ISH has performed at Country Fairs, Festivals, Exhibitions, Schools, Libraries and Special Events throughout British Columbia and across Canada for the last twenty-five years and performed to rave reviews at numerous Canadian International Childrenâs Festivals.
ISH has recorded or shared the stage with such renowned children's artists as Fred Penner, Eric Nagler, Paul Hann, Rick Scott, Kideo, Norman Foote, Charlotte Diamond, Al Simmons, Fred Garbo (Sesame Street), Ken and Chris Whitely, Murray Hatfield, and Robert Munsch.
CARDBOARD WINGS is a light-hearted and educational, thoughtfully produced Children's CD recorded specifically for children between the ages of two and eight in the correct tempos, keys and language for them to sing-along and enjoy. This 10-song CD paints a positive message amid all the fun, featuring many well-known guest vocalists and musicians, off-the wall sound effects and joyful children singing along.
TO LISTEN TO "CARDBOARD WINGS" FOLLOW THE LINKS TO ISH'S SITES.
CARDBOARD WINGS was produced with special project guidance by Catherine Ambrose (Juno winning Educator, primary music teacher, choral arranger, and pianist known for her work with Raffi), David Frego (Educator and former cellist with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet), Terry Draper (Klatuu), and Craig Wingrove in a state of the art studio.
CARDBOARD WINGSâ playful and imaginative colourful cover illustrations were created by the accomplished cartoonist and illustrator, Harold Duckett. You can view more of Haroldâs wonderful creations throughout âIshâs Place,â a child-friendly website.
CARDBOARD WINGSâ SONG SYNOPSIS:
1. FUN-FILLED AFTERNOON: This high energy rock-grass song is all about the family going to the beach together for a safe and fun-filled afternoon.
2. BEND YOUR KNEES: This up-tempo bluegrass tune is about good advice I received as a child. It is all about taking good care of your back whether at work or at play.
3. STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN: My children and I have written many songs together and this is our very first one. It is about safety awareness when crossing the street, with emphasis on being as careful as you can be at all times.
4. UP TO BAT: This rockinâ baseball song full of cartoon voice-overs and sound effects galore, came to life inspired by a conversation I had with my son who played in the Little League. It is about self- esteem, fair play, accepting challenges, and trying to do your best.
5. IâVE NEVER EVER BEEN THE SAME: I believe it is not until you are a parent that you truly discover the joys life has to offer. Such a moment occurred as I watched and helped my children to learn to read and write, and that inspired this folk-jazz song.
6. TURN IT OVER PLEASE: Cardboard Wings was originally released on cassette. I thought at the time, that it would be fun to have Ashley & Shalev do a cute little bit about turning the tape over. I decided to keep it just for fun.
7. IâVE GOT A HOLE IN MY UMBRELLA: This highly animated song was originally recorded by Clown Duo: Ish & Lenny. Itâs a rich mix of Big Band Jazz and Bluegrass with outrageous sound effects and ten highly motivated children singing along. Get out your rain gear and join in!
8. TALE OF A WHALE: Itâs a concert favourite about the joys of day-dreaming and favourite bathtub toys. This up-tempo bluegrass song will have you laughing, dancing and singing along.
9. THREE TIMES A DAY: Here is a toe-tapping boogie-woogie blues tune about something we should all remember to do each day: brush and floss our teeth, of course.
10. CARDBOARD WINGS: In Regina, SK, while performing at a Childrenâs Festival, I saw a little boy in the park with a pair of cardboard wings. Wearing a helmet and elbow pads, he jumped off a picnic table. He didnât fly, of course, but I overheard him say to his parents, âThatâs okay. Tomorrowâs another day.â Like magic, this song immediately wrote itself â about a little boy with big dreams who becomes a flying doctor in the remote regions of Canada. It became a big hit at the festival and the rest is history. I really love this song; it reminds me that if you mix passion with commitment and goodwill, anything is possible.
11. LIGHT OF DAY: When my kids were young, I sang them songs at bedtime. One night they pointed out that many of my songs were so lively that they wondered how they would ever get to sleep. Together we wrote this lullaby about my children running happily to my side in the morning light and sharing their dreams with me. What a nice way to start or end the day â with this gentle song.
GO WEST ON 17: ISHâs debut CD for Adults is an insightful collection of self-penned, songs, ranging from hillbilly blues and folky tunes to gentle ballads. Along with special guests Sherman Doucette (master blues harpist), Chris Stevens (master banjoist), Sabrina Weeks (jazz vocalist), Randy Pokeda (Slide Guitar/Dobro) and a myriad of other talented BC musicians together in a state-of-the-art studio, they have brought his songs to life.
NEVER SAY NEVER: Recorded with the same attention to detail for children's listening and singing-along pleasure as "Cardboard Wings," ISH and his musical friends deliver more wonderful and wacky tunes in ISHâs unique âfolky-blues-grassâ style that the entire family will enjoy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this throughâ¦have a nice day!
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 Junior Jam - Kids/family: Educational
Mp3 Alphabet Rockers - Kids/family: General Children's Music
Mp3 Innerhouse Studios - The Dance Mix
Mp3 Let's Start Smart - Short Vowel Word Families Cd & Dvd
Mp3 Mim Eichmann & Doug Lofstrom - Wander Down Beyond The Rainbow
Mp3 Rayzel Raphael - Bible Babes A Beltin'
Mp3 Kinder Klassiks - Grimm's Gentlest Volume 1
Mp3 Bonnie Rudzinski - 1 2 3 I'm Growing
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!