MP3 Philosopher´s Stone - The goods & The ills
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
12 MP3 Songs
POP: Folky Pop, POP: with Electronic Production
Be sure to check Philosopher's Stone 2003 ep release here:
PStone is in the studio laying down tracks for their follow up to "The goods & The ill's" ... look for the new album year end 2005.
Philosopher's Stone is a three-piece indie-rock band based in northern kentucky. The group is currently performing live shows throughout the mid-west region, growing a robust reputation, producing a very supportive following, and making friends everywhere. The band released their debut album "the goods & the ills" on march 12th, 2002. These gents are creating a charming sound ... this is now music ... spreading through grassroots - friend to friend ... the PStone sound can be heard coming from cars, boom boxes, and computers from as far away as Scotland, Greece, Australia and Japan ... this is the indistinguishable sound of something new and exciting - an intelligent evolution of music ...
BEST PRODUCED ALBUMS OF 2002 (review by city beat 2003.01)
."This trio's sound is so novel that it's refreshingly difficult to draw direct comparisons. The group's songs have a fluid, watery vibe that feels very organic, and they don't write in an expected Pop format, eschewing the cookie-cutter verse/chorus style for an atmospheric approach that simply pours forth and develops naturally."
MOST MEMORABLE CUTS FROM 2002 (review by city beat 2003.01)
* "Soliloquy" by Philosopher's Stone (from the CD, The Good & The Ills). This band has such an endearing stream-of-conscious vibe that it's hard not to get sucked in. But "Soliloquy" is the album's centerpiece, a waterfall of sparkling rhythms and chiming guitars mixed with singer/songwriter Brad Denham's spontaneous vocal bark. The hand-cuffs click in lock position during the chorus, a subtle melody that distantly recalls New Order's "Love Vigilante." Bonus points for the "Walk On the Wild Side"-like section, where, instead of girls singing "doo-da-doo," Denham tells us that some painted man from a cave speaks in the language of "Boom-buttley-bom-bom-bom." Confusingly good."
https://www.tradebit.com is the virtual home of the Indie-Rock Band Philosopher's Stone .... come see whats NEW and do get in touch with PStone ... join the circle by sending your e-mail address and PStone will keep you in the know about shows in your area and current happenings .. Philosopher's Stone believes very much in growing through grass roots - this is a very natural progression of evolving new music help spread the word tell your friends come to a show ... music can be many things - if your looking for it, you will find it here.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 509123)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!