MP3 Phuse - Mingus Lingers
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
10 MP3 Songs in this album (51:11) !
Related styles: JAZZ: Contemporary Jazz, ELECTRONIC: Drum'n'bass
People who are interested in Amon Tobin The Cinematic Orchestra Nils Petter Molvær should consider this download.
âFans of the Nu-Jazz scene and groups like the Cinematic Orchestra and Radiohead would be well-advised to check out this intriguing new outfit from Ireland.â
All About Jazz
Extraordinary Instrumental music blending improvised Jazz, Funk, Orchestra backdrops and clever snippets of Electronica. The Times.
âMassive Attack mixed up with Charles Mingusâ
Phuse are a concept band where the musicians effortlessly blend a myriad of styles - Jazz, Hip Hop, Drum ânâ Bass, Funk, Electronica, Ambience, Cinematic Backdrops and Breakbeats into a deep and intense soundscape defying description. This sonic assault is created by the bandâs willingness to integrate acoustic instruments such as Double Bass, Drums, Sax and Piano with electronic ones such as Guitars, Samplers and a Host of other electronic gadgets.
The band anchored by the powerful funk inflected hip-hop/drum&bass grooves and break-beats of Denis Cassidy on drums started out as an experiment on how to blend electronics and samples along with the live interplay of musicians. The samples and electronics supplied with perfect accuracy via foot controller create dark atmospheres for the soloists to weave in and out of, almost as if they were locked in some otherworldly dialogue with one another. Fattening up the rhythm and egging on the front line is Gavin Lockhart on Double Bass directing the music with his growling double bass and frantic walking bass lines pushing the soloist up into the stratosphere. Andrew OâBrien provides a more World based backbone whilst adding sparks of color and harmonic structure as he delves into his extensive experience as an accompanist to complete an already thundering back line. Finally the inimitable well versed reed man Brian Wynn takes on solo duties on Tenor and Soprano.
See below for a description of the songs on the album "Mingus Lingers"
1) A Serene Requiem â Evocative, classical style piano leads the soprano and double bass in an ever changing modal musical journey. Meanwhile some very musical drums keep everything anchored in a nice funky up beat Drum ânâ Bass type groove.
2) Dr. Funkensteinâs Cosmic Adventureâs in C#min â A funky electronic groove takes us from the elegant âRequiemâ into some growling Double Bass, snappy Drumming and funky piano modal improvisation. Add some Parliament type horn stabs and swells, and a breakdown with Sub Bass, screeching violins and plenty of sound manipulation before wah wahing guitars and soulful Tenor lead us into the title track of the album.
3) Mingus Lingers â an homage to the great man himself â a simple but unusual bass line anchors a bluesy motif played on Barritone before the Alto riffs and interplays with the Barri drawing it into a dynamic and fulfilling conversation that builds with Piano, congas, drums and electronics all getting their say until the drums move into double time bringing the soprano kicking and screaming to itâs climax.
4) Fuel Side â A funky 13/8 8 bar intro brings us into some slow hip-hop 4/4 Drums and funky scratchy improvised guitar. Slap bass, piano, electronics, synth bass, odd time signatures and drum ânâ bass grooves all come together to create a blistering rhythmic crescendo before switching back into the 13/8 Intro with a wild flailing guitar solo.
5) Stir It Up or Strip It Down â a reggae hypnotic trance type groove leads into some Aphex type breaks, Herbie style Rhodes and loose jazzy acoustic drum breaks before 4 to the floor house type beats culminate with a quiet and quant double bass solo
6) Twin Dreams â Undulating processed synths and overdubbed processed Sopranoâs provide a smooth backdrop to the improvised ensemble of Piano, Drums, Double Bass and Soprano. This then gives way to a gnarly bass synth and an Aphex style breakdown. Acoustic drums pump and glide rocking and rolling with double bass and Bitcheâs Brew Rhodes meanderings as the Tenor begins to riff a Latin motif before culminating with Counterpoint Orchestral stylings. Thereâs definitely two sides to this story.
7) Arch Stantonâs tomb holds no gold â 2 samples of an Orchestra spliced together provide the backdrop for this number with Double Bass and Hip Hop breaks holding down the rhythm leaving the Soprano and Piano free to converse. Plenty of modulation going on in this one too.
8) Spanish Key â A flamenco type offering with improvised ensemble playing of Guitar, Drums, Double Bass, Piano, Soprano and electronics.
9) Los Boleros (Slight Return) â 12 bar blues leading into a cannoned bridge featuring Barritone, Tenor and Soprano. Modal outro which builds slowly, surely and steadily.
10) Hidden Track â Humorous take on the squarepusher processed drum style.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 9bar Buddha - Between Drum And Bass
Mp3 Ryan Rapsys - Skerzi
Mp3 Vic Thrill + The Saturn Missile - Circus Of Enlightenment
Mp3 Mid-air - Electronic: Drum 'n Bass/jungle
Mp3 Blisstique - Stereo Spirits
Mp3 Steve Ewing - Pacific Standard Time
Death Via Future Sound (mp3 Album)
Mp3 Various Artists - Moonraker Remixes
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!