Whether youre a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your E34 5 Series.
Models and engines covered:
- 525i (M20 with DME 1.3) 1989-1990
- 525i (M50 with DME 3.1) 1991-1992
- 525i (M50TU/VANOS with DME 3.3.1) 1993-1995
- 530i (M60 with DME 3.3) 1994-1995
- 535i (M30 with DME 1.3) 1989-1993
- 540i (M60 with DME 3.3) 1994-1995
- Manual (remove, install, external service)
Getrag 260/5 and 260/6
Getrag S5D 250G
Getrag S6S 560G
- Automatic (remove, install, external service)
A4S 310R (THM-R1)
ZF A5S 310Z
- Maintenance procedures from brake fluid changes to resetting the Service Indicator. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why its important.
- Engine and cylinder head service, repair and reconditioning, including M50 and M60 timing chain setup and adjustment.
- Extensive engine management information for specific BMW 5-Series driveability problems, including reading Check Engine light fault codes.
- Transmission maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and driveshaft.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including sedan sunroof removal and adjustment.
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C micro-filter and A/C component replacement.
- Wiring schematics for all circuits, including power distribution, grounds, and component locations.
- Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques that youve come to expect from Bentley manuals.
Tags: 1989-1995 bmw 5 series 525i 530i 535i 540i service manual