MP3 Simon Stinger - Some Kinda Voodoo
San Francisco''s cool modern rock band delivers a party atmosphere, sexy groove, smooth euro vibe, and female vocalist commonly referred to as bionic.
9 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Modern Rock, POP: New Wave
COMING SOON > A PRIVATE WEBSITE FOR VOODOO OWNERS ONLY "MADAME X''s PRIVATE STASH" debuting soon in 2005 with rare photos, demos, rants, and special surprises set up for voodoo owners only...
Read on for highlights / skip to the end for backstory.
- APPLE ITUNES CHARTING IS IN... During Stinger''s feature on Apple Itunes, the band charted at #96 of TOP 100 albums overall & #15 of the TOP 100 alternative albums in the alternative genre.
- Apple ITUNES features Simon Stinger''s "French Connection" as free single of the week in May 2004. Currently singles from Stinger''s 3 CDs "Some Kinda Voodoo," "Devil On My Mind," & "Private Collection" are on sale at Itunes released by indie label Ann-Margrock Music.
- Simon Stinger''s 3rd full-length CD self-released in November 2003, "Some Kinda Voodoo," is available online right here at CD Baby (https://www.tradebit.com The CD features production by Sylvia Massy Shivy (Tool, Powerman 5000, Prince) & was recorded at Radio Star Studios.
- 6 tracks from Some Kinda Voodoo were added to heavy rotation at AOL Broadband Radio & Netscape Radio. Two of the tracks "French Connection" and "Madame X" were added by music director Cameo Carlson to the AOL alternative station "Best of 2003-2004." SS is the only independent band being spun.
- XM Satellite Radio Channel 52 charted 3 Simon Stinger songs in their TOP 20 in October/November/December 2003.
- Stinger will headline the Girl Powder Tour 2004 highlighting women in snowboarding and music. The tour will kick off at Blake''s in Berkeley on Wed. March 31st.
- MacAddict Magazine features Stinger song "The Future Will Blow Your Mind" on their December compilation/issue and names Simon Stinger the band to watch in 2004.
- ISON Radio, the popular worldwide radio station based in Australia charts "French Connection" and "Madame X" in the Top 10.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND INFORMATION >>>>
Tasty ~ Infectious ~ Choreography ~ Electric ~ Out of Control ~ Smooth ~ Come see.
The San Francisco bay area''s hot rod modern rock group founded by vocalist Alicia Perrone and bassist Victor James, delivers danceable music and choreography that''s exciting, daring, and smooth, with a fierce sound that is undeniable. "Tough, sexy, and smart...Stinger''s singer is bionic," says https://www.tradebit.com. Combining Perrone''s remarkable vocal skills, James'' fearless bass playing, drummer Elvis Katic''s explosive rhythms, and guitarist Mary Cary''s passionately quirky guitar style, Stinger''s devilish hooks, cool melodies, and smooth groovy beats come to life with a fringe of spy film soundtrack around the edges.
In their first month as a band, Stinger released their debut on 7" vinyl on their own Muscle Car Records. Two months later, their first CD "Private Collection" followed, also on Muscle Car/C2 Records. Their 2nd CD release, the 13-song "Devil On My Mind," produced by John Ryan (Santana, Animotion) was supported so strongly by bay area press, radio, and retail, they were offered a deal by Chicago Kid Records to release it in April 2000.
Film music supervisors reacted the same way; in January 2002 the Miramax motion picture "Diamonds" starring Kirk Douglas , Dan Aykroyd, Lauren Bacall, and Jenny MacArthy, featured "Fringe Authority" alongside Elvis'' "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" Members of the group also had a cameo in the film.
SF Weekly''s Silke Tudor said "led by the enchanting force that is Alicia Perrone, Simon Stinger landed a cameo and song in the Miramax comedy "Diamonds," but that''s a small accomplishment next to the realization of "Devil On My Mind" - the most dazzling, fun, and charmingly insolent album I''ve heard this year."
In August 2002, 15,000 copies of a CD sampler "Here''s Your Heart Back" were released by Stinger and sponsor Saicomm Industries to Simon Stinger fans all over the world. This CD is now out of circulation and is considered by many to be a collector''s item having sold recently on Ebay for $20 per copy.
Stinger''s 3rd full length CD "Some Kinda Voodoo" was released in November 2003 featuring the production of Sylvia Massy Shivy (Tool, Powerman 5000, Prince) at Radio Star Studios.
In 2003, Elektra senior VP of A&R & former Cars vocalist, Ric Ocasek, chose Stinger to be his next musical project. With Elektra Records folding into Atlantic in 2004, Ocasek is now starting his own independent record company. Stay tuned for details in 2005 as Stinger plans to record their newest tracks...