MP3 Sphinx - ROCK: Funk Rock
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
16 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Funk Rock, ROCK: Acoustic
Funk 'n Roll Music is what we call it. Sphinx founder, producer and unique, versatile guitar player, Dave Leiter, says Sphinx is guitar-oriented funk, rock, blues, acoustic and much more along with the witty, often amusing lyrics and versatile singing abilities of Jimmy Tate. Backed up with a monstrous rhythm section, the band is unstoppable in its ability to rock crowds. You will hear and enjoy many styles of music on this CD much like bands like Led Zeppelin used to dabble in different styles and influences in their music. Sphinx pulls it off because of their talent and versatility as musicians and the simple fact that they have good taste.
Possibly their most unique feature of the band is the combination of "Tap" (that's right, I said "Tap") and Rock music which has never been done before. As well as being the singer/lyrist of the band, Jimmy Tate has starred on Broadway for years as a tap-dancer in such famous shows as "Bring in 'da Noise, Bring in 'da Funk", "Jelly's Last Jam", and "The Tap Dance Kid". This is street-stomping, cutting edge, pushed to the max "Tap" (not your Riverdance style of tap). Along with Sphinx, Jimmy has taken "Tap" to new heights which will advance the genre. The show-stopping tap/rock numbers can be heard on tracks 15 ("Can't Funk With It") and 16 ("Right on Time") of the CD but can only be fully appreciated by checking the band out live.
Sphinx is unique and a refreshing change in Rock music. After all, the greatest bands of our time became the greatest by taking music styles and influences of the past and doing something new with it that pushed the boundaries of the genre. Sphinx continues that tradition with their debut CD.
CD Song Order and General Musical Style
1. You'll Need a Hand (4:19) Funk 'n Roll
2. Sing (4:17) Funk 'n Roll
3. Every Night, Every Day (6:28) Blues/Rock Ballad
4. Dial 22 (4:51) Rock
5. Hole/Hold (3:10) Funk 'n Roll
6. Westchester Darts (4:36) Funk 'n Roll
7. How Do Ya' Like Me Now (4:20) Funk 'n Roll
8. Used Blues (1:14) Instrumental Blues
9. Faye (3:03) Blues
10. No Good Country Woman (3:18) Acoustic Bluegrass/Country
11. Sister Cerberus (2:16) Acoustic Classical Instrumental
12. Sarasvati (5:12) Acoustic, Indian-Influenced Instrumental
13. 9/11 (3:48) Acoustic Ballad
14. Height (4:15) Funk 'n Roll
15. Can't Funk With It (3:54) Instrumental Funk 'n Roll featuring "Tap"
16. Right on Time (6:10) Funk 'n Roll featuring "Tap"
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 585746)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!