MP3 Matt Weinhold - Dead Funny
If you like your humor dark put playful, this iconoclastic comedian is the one for you. Take a break and listen to the lighter side of transvestites, necrophilia, Nazis, prison life, serial killers, toxic relationships, sex, drugs, rock n'' roll, and more.
36 MP3 Songs in this album (45:02) !
Related styles: SPOKEN WORD: Standup Comedy, SPOKEN WORD: Comedy
People who are interested in Bill Hicks Dave Attell Dana Gould should consider this download.
Matt Weinhold: The Ugly, Sordid Details
1. Matt has been doing stand up comedy for over 16 years. Hey, being funny takes time.
2. Matt has headlined at comedy clubs, colleges, private functions, and sci fi conventions all across America. He is available for hire but will no longer accept being paid in tribbles.
3. Matt was a writer and voice artist for MTV''s cult classic "The Super Adventure Team". The show (created by Simpson''s alumni Dana Gould and Rob Cohen) was a send up of the Gerry Anderson Supermarionation shows like "The Thunderbirds" and "Captain Scarlet". Matt played the voice of Manfred Mordant, the Super Adventure Team''s financier , who when not screaming at his house boy Kwan, was picking up girls at bus stops. I guess life does imitate art.
4. Aside from The Super Adventure Team, Matt has lent his voice talents to many other projects including "Code Monkeys" on G4, "Squirrel Boy" for The Cartoon Network, The Game Show Network''s "Throut And Neck", Microsoft''s "Defy All Challenges" website, Durex (yes, the condoms), "Prison" for the Klasky Csupo web site, "The Journeyman Project 2: Buried In Time" and "The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy Of Time" for Presto Studios as the voice of Arthur, and several "Red Bull" cartoon spots. Hot Damn!
5. Matt is a gigantic science fiction/horror film/animation/comic book nerd and due to his colossal ego, considers himself an expert on these subjects. He has a massive collection of movie memorabilia, comic books, original animation and sprawling display of over a thousand action figures. Sorry ladies, he''s taken.
6. Matt has worked on several pop culture and sci fi genre related pilots. He was a writer and co-creator on "The Amazing Colossal Show" with "Who''s Line Is It Anyway" star Greg Proops for BBC television, and was the host of VH1''s "Pop Rocks" in association with Jersey Television and created by Russell Scott and Patrick Young. He''s working now on more nerd related TV, in hopes of creating a brave new nerd world.
7. Amoungst the other tools in Matt''s laugh box is sketch comedy. Matt was a writer/performer in the San Francisco sketch troupe "Comedy Obscura" with Debi Durst, Michael Bossier, and Greg Proops. In a rave review by Gerald Nachman of The San Francisco Chronicle, Matt was singled out for praise: "...Weinhold is the one you remember...destined for Saturday Night Live and beyond...Weinhold''s laughs are quicker and truer...a man imbued with inner funniness, a comic attitude, a wild streak well under control..." For more of this review, Matt will call you at home.
8. Speaking of nerds Matt has also appeared in the hilarious Star Trek documentary "Trekkies" directed by Roger Nygard and hosted by Denise Crosby. Phasers on growl! Matt is the last face you see on screen. Pleasant dreams.
9. Willing to stand up and face the competition, Matt humbly won the Seattle Comedy Competition in 1989 and not so humbly appeared at the prestigious Just For Laughs International Comedy Festival in Montreal on the "New Faces" show. Matt remembers nothing of the festival except taking some over the counter codeine and a series of overpriced lap dances. Matt believes his act put the "real" in "Montreal".
10. No stranger to radio Matt was a regular on the immensely popular Alex Bennett Show on LIVE 105 in San Francisco and even occasionally was a guest host. Matt is currently a favorite guest on the syndicated Bob And Tom Show and is featured on many of their "Best of..." CDs (available on their web site). They even took Matt to the Bahamas for a live remote. Matt is still wanted there by the authorities.
11. Matt has performed stand up comedy on almost every channel your basic cable provider can offer including MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, Showtime, HBO, Fox, NBC, A & E, PBS, The Game Show Network and more. By "more" I mean public access.
12. In addition to performing, Matt has written for many television shows including Comedy Central''s "Trigger Happy TV" and "Frank Leaves For The Orient", VH1''s "Random Play", and MTV''s "Super Adventure Team". He created and sold an animated pilot to Comedy Central called "The Shrinkonauts and a dark comedy sketch show pilot to VH1 called "Look Out, The Prattles". He has since spent all the money on eBay.
13. Matt''s incredible talent in the realm of acting nabbed him stand out roles in NBC''s "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", HBO''s "The Comeback", and CBS''s "Weird Al Show" . Matt is planning a lecture series to discuss his acting career at the Museum of Television and Radio.
14. In addition to his guest star roles, Matt has appeared in numerous television commercials. His most popular role was for a series of Round Up weed spray spots in which he played a Clint Eastwood type weed spray slinger. Matt is currently planning a nationwide tour of car and boat shows as "The Weed Spray Guy".
15. Matt was a regular contributor to "US Weekly" magazine''s "Fashion Police" section. In this section Matt made fun of celebrities wearing bad clothing. Matt knows nothing about fashion himself but is quite good at using words to hurt.
16. In the same vein as Fashion Police, Matt has been seen making jabs at celebrities and pop culture on show''s like VH1''s "The List", fx''s "The Test", E''s "Rank" and "101 Celebrity Oops", ABC Family''s "Hollywood''s Hottest Hunks" and "Hollywood''s Most Romantic Couples", and The Sci Fi Channel''s "Sci Fi Entertainment". If you''re on Hollywood''s A list, you better not piss this man off.
17. Before getting into stand up comedy, Matt studied film production and produced, directed and wrote many short films. His most famous film "Flash Corrigan: Space Explorer" (available for viewing on You Tube!) was made at the age of 13 and features a scene where Matt actually sets himself on fire. To this day, Matt is not allowed near the matches.
18. In case you aren''t sick of his bragging yet, Matt most recently wrote on and provided voices for the X Box game "Whacked" in conjunction with the Journeyman Project Team at Presto Studios. As you can see, Matt is doing VERY well.
19. If you''d like to learn more about Matt''s life, philosophies, or political opinions...give it up. He truly is this shallow.
20. Why am I speaking in the 3rd person?