MP3 Pangaea Percussion & Winds - Everything Spins
This global gathering of exotic drums, woodwinds and melodic percussion instruments creates a musical celebration of Earth''s natural wonders and cultureal diversity... This is where the Australian didgeridoo meets the Carribean steel drum.
12 MP3 Songs in this album (62:59) !
Related styles: WORLD: World Fusion, REGGAE: Calypso
People who are interested in Dead Can Dance Brent Lewis Micky should consider this download.
PANGAEA PERCUSSION & WINDS is comprised of David Blonski on wind instruments along with percussionists Pete Fairley, Steve Michaelis, Holly Johnson & Reiko Shimbo
Recorded at Timeless Productions Studios in Garden Valley California and Pangaea Studio in Washoe Valley, Nevada. Engineered & mastered by David Blonski at Timeless Productions Studio.
Cover Art by Steve Michaelis and Michael Maas
Print layout and design by Pete Fairley
1. "Subterranea" - A journey deep within the hearts of the Earth and the Self, where the darkness reveals secrets and teaches lessons to carry back into the Light. - Marimba, Tam-Tams, Udu, Cymbals, Tibetan Bowl, Congas, Water Jar, Log Drum, Ipu Heke, Ka Eke Eke, Chimes, Bells, Hand Claps, Didgeridoo, Concert Flute
2. "Forest Runner" - A messenger of the woods on swift feet carries new stories from tribe to tribe. - Balafon, Zoomba Tubez, Didgeridoo, Bamboo Saxophone, Concert Flute, Udus, Hi-Hat, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Talking Drum, Doumbeck, Shekere, Log Drum.
3. "Samba Ilha" (Island Samba) - When a lively Brazilian samba meets the steel drums of Trinidad, the flavor of Carnival gets everyone dancing! - Congas, Marimba, Surdo, Steel Pans, Cuica, Agogo, Tamborim, Claves, Whistle.
4. "Honu Aumakua" (Sea Turtle Spirit) - The elements gather to signal the beginning of a sea turtle''s journey through a dream. - Ocean Drum, Log Drum, Guiro, Congas, Triangle, Marimba, Conch Shell, Pu’ili, Udu, Tam-Tams, Kanjira, Bamboo & Metal Chimes, To‘Ere, Rattle.
5. "Flight of the Hawks" - Whether soaring effortlessly on outstretched wings, diving for a meal, or flapping powerfully against the wind, the hawks show us how to dance in the air. - Balafon, Atumpani, Talking Drum, Cymbals, Djembe, Doumbeck, Chimes, Shekere, Shakers, Didgeridoo.
6. "Gecko-Lypso" - Dancing to the calypso, this joyful creature shows us how to get happy! - Steel Pans, Shakers, Roto-Toms, Cymbals, Bass Drum, Hi-Hat, Congas, Djembe, Pan Pipes.
7. "Dawn on the Serengeti" - As a new day breaks, the dwellers of the African plains awake to a rhythm of eleven. Bodhran, Tabor Pipe, Balafon, Tarine, Didgeridoo, Concert Flute, Log Drum, Kanjira, Bendir, Doumbecks.
8. "Everything Spins" An exploration of the circular nature of the universe and its rhythms. Marimba, Chimes, Steel Pans, Tablas, Cymbal, Shakers, Log Drum, Didgeridoo,
9-12. "The Kokopelli Suite"
Kokopelli, a legendary fluteplayer from southwestern Native American traditions, visited Chippewa storyteller John LaFontainne in a series of visions. This led John to bring the Wing and a Prayer Dance Company together with traditional Native dancers to portray the story of Kokopelli. Pangaea Percussion and Winds composed and performed the music in four acts representing different parts of Kokopelli''s story.
Act I: "Childhood" - Even as a boy, the elders recognized Kokopelli''s special gifts and encouraged his growth. - Mother Drum, Marimba, Chimes, Gong, Udu, Ipu Heke, Congas, Ranart, Native American Flute, Shakers, Guiro, Cymbals, Wood Blocks.
Act II: "Vision Quest" - Kokopelli sets out across the desert, where his experiences with the land and its spirits brings personal power and gifts for his people. - Tone Drum, Marimba, Bamboo Chimes, Wood Blocks, Bird Calls, Chimes, Djembe, Cymbals, Didgeridoo, Tablas, Concert Flute, Cajon, Shakers, Tar, Mother Drum.
Act III: "Eagle’s Challenge" - Kokopelli must pass the tests of the giant Eagle before his people are allowed to move north. Tom-Toms, Cymbals, Mother Drum, Shakers, Hi-Hat, Didgeridoo, Shamisen, Djembe, Reko-Reko.
Act IV: "Spirit Realm" - Stepping into the spirit world, Kokopelli becomes more than a man. His legend is an inspiration to others, reminding us of the importance of helping the people. - Hammer Dulcimer, Tone Drum, Tablas, Djembe, Didgeridoo, Bass Flute, Marimba, Mother Drum, Native American Flute, Djembe, Cymbals, Shakers, Wood Blocks.