This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 3,201,104 satisfied buyers
MP3 Eyran Katsenelenbogen - 88 Fingers
The master pianist''s tenth solo album presents jazz classics from Alter, Berlin, Gillespie, Legrad, Mandel, Rogers and Weill, Improvisations on classical themes by Chopin and Mussorgsky, and renditions of folk songs by Hollaender and Raskin.
16 MP3 Songs in this album (61:25) !
Related styles: JAZZ: Piano Jazz, JAZZ: Crossover Jazz
People who are interested in Keith Jarrett Art Tatum Sergei Rachmaninoff should consider this download.
To listen to high quality sound clips from "88 Fingers" in MP3 format and streaming audio, visit Eyran Records Official Website (https://www.tradebit.com) and click on LISTEN TO AUDIO SAMPLES.
For immediate Release: Eyran Katsenelenbogen 2009 88 Fingers CD Release
Attention: Jazz Broadcast and Printed Media
BOSTON, MA – September 27, 2008 – Eyran Records announces the release of master jazz pianist Eyran Katsenelenbogen’s highly anticipated tenth solo album, 88 Fingers.
“I was deeply humbled by All About Jazz and All Music Guide’s comparison of my previous recordings to those of the great Art Tatum. 88 Fingers presents the next stage in my musical development.” - Eyran
In 88 Fingers, pianist Eyran Katsenelenbogen continues his journey throughout the landscapes of the American Song Book, offering new perspectives through interpretations that range from intimately romantic to passionately rhapsodic.
Featured on 88 Fingers are jazz classics such as Lover (Rogers & Hart), Mack The Knife and September Song (Weill), Groovin’ High and A Night In Tunisia (Gillespie) and The Summer Knows (Legrand). Also included are two improvisations based on classical pieces: A Latin Jazz version of a Waltz by Chopin, and an improvisation on Mussorgsky’s theme from Pictures At An Exhibition with a Hip Hop-inspired groove. The song Dream A Little Dream, which opened Eyran’s 2002 album It’s Reigning Kats & Dogs & Bogen, is revisited with new musical techniques and sensibilities.
“The defining moment for me, the heartbeat at the core of 88 Fingers, is the transition from the softest pianissimo note that concludes What’ll I Do (Irvin Berlin) to the explosive rendition of
Those Were The Days (Raskin) .” – Eyran
Eyran Katsenelenbogen continues his international touring with The 88 Fingers Solo Jazz Piano 2009 World Concert Tour. Recent performances include the Bechstein Centrum (Germany), Stephen Joseph Theater (England), Marcellus Theatre (Italy) and Jordan Hall (USA). Eyran also continues his international touring with The Pictures at an Exhibition: Classical Meets Jazz collaboration with acclaimed Russian classical pianist Andrei Ivanovitch.
Recent Concert and CD Reviews:
Allgemeine Zeitung (Germany): And so the world premiere before a sold-out Forum begins: Pictures at an Exhibition, like never heard before…a phenomenal piano version: Eyran Katsenelenbogen answers each picture with a jazz improvisation to the classic setting of Andrei Ivanovitch: Breathtaking, brilliant and exciting… Genial… An absolute sensation in the history of special concert events. -- Bettina Stenftenagel
All About Jazz: Based on hearing Eyran Katsenelenbogen''s solo record, I have no choice but to say that Art Tatum''s spirit inhabits this phenomenal musician... Solotude displays pianism of the highest order, combined with deep musicianship and extremely fast musical reflexes. -- Budd Kopman
Jazz Police: Reviewers have often compared Eyran''s amazing virtuosity to that of Art Tatum, "not only stylistically but technically as well. He has the same complete command of the keyboard, unerring sense of rhythm and improvisational inventiveness…" (Dave Nathan, All Music Guide). Yet his performances and recordings reveal influences as diverse as Gershwin, Monk, Jarrett, Debussy, and Bartok -- Andrea Canter
Requests for artist press packet may be directed to Eyran Katsenelenbogen Management: [email protected]://www.tradebit.com
Booking & Marketing Contacts:
Ellie Malick: Concert Manager
Nick Grondin, Public Relations Director
Eyran Katsenelenbogen Management
38 Saint Stephen Street, Suite 1, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Phone 00 1 617 267 2648 • Facsimile: 00 1 617 262 3166
E-Mail: [email protected]://www.tradebit.com • Web: https://www.tradebit.com
1. CLOSE ENOUGH FOR LOVE (THEME FOR ''AGATHA'') (JOHNNY MANDEL / PAUL WILLIAMS) WB MUSIC CORP. OBO FIRST ARTISTS MUSIC CO. (4:00)
2. LOVER (RICHARD RODGERS / LORENZ HART) SONY / ATV HARMONY (2:16)
3. MACK THE KNIFE (FROM ''THREE PENNY OPERA'') (KURT WEILL / MARC BLITZSTEIN / BERTOLT BRECHT) WEILL-BRECHT-HARMS COMPANY INC. (3:06)
4. GROOVIN'' HIGH (JOHN DIZZY GILLESPIE) UNIVERSAL-MCA MUSIC PUBLISHING DIV. OF UNIVERSAL MUSIC CORP. (2:43)
5. SEPTEMBER SONG (MAXWELL ANDERSON / KURT WEILL) HAMPSHIRE HOUSE OBO PUBLISHING CORP. / CHAPPELL & CO. (5:14)
6. IMPROVISATION ON PROMENADE THEME FROM PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (MODEST MUSSORGSKY / ARR. EYRAN KATSENELENBOGEN) EYRAN RECORDS PUBLISHING (5:19)
(ARRANGEMENT INSPIRED BY AND DEDICATED TO GERHARD HUMMER)
7. MAURA’S TUNE (EARL EGDALL) EYRAN RECORDS PUBLISHING (3:45)
8. IMPROVISATION ON WALTZ NO. 7 IN C-SHARP MINOR, OP. 64: # 2(FREDERIC CHOPIN / ARR. EYRAN KATSENELENBOGEN) EYRAN RECORDS PUBLISHING (ARRANGEMENT INSPIRED BY MICHAEL ROCHA) (4:03)
9. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO MISS NEW ORLEANS (LOUIS ALTER / EDDIE DELANGE) SONGWRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA OBO LOUIS ALTER PUBLICATIONS / BUG MUSIC (2:52)
10. WHAT''LL I DO (IRVING BERLIN) WILLIAMSON MUSIC CO. - A OBO IRVING BERLIN MUSIC COMPANY (4:08)
11. THOSE WERE THE DAYS (GENE RASKIN) CROMWELL MUSIC INC. OBO ESSEX MUSIC INC. (5:17)
12. MIDNIGHT WITH THE STARS AND YOU (HARRY WOODS / JIMMY CAMPBELL / REG CONNELLY) WB MUSIC CORP. (3:31) (TO VINCE)
13. DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME (WILBUR SCHWANDT / GUS KAHN / FABIAN ANDRE) CROMWELL MUSIC INC. OBO ESSEX MUSIC INC. / ESSEX MUSIC INC. OBO DON SWAN PUBLICATIONS / WB MUSIC CORP. OBO GILBERT KEYES MUSIC COMPANY (3:00)
14. A NIGHT IN TUNISIA (JOHN DIZZY GILLESPIE / FRANK PAPARELLI) UNIVERSAL-MCA MUSIC PUBLISHING DIV. OF UNIVERSAL MUSIC CORP. (2:50)
15. THE SUMMER KNOWS (FROM ''SUMMER OF ''42'') (MICHEL LEGRAND / ALAN BERGMAN / MARILYN BERGMAN) WB MUSIC CORP. (5:31)
16. WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH (JACOB HOLLAENDER / RIMONA DI-NUR / ARR. EYRAN KATSENELENBOGEN) EYRAN RECORDS PUBLISHING (3:57)