MP3 The Wallace Family - Texas Serenade
A foot tapping combination of western swing, cowboy, and Texas fiddle music featuring twin and triple fiddles, non-pedal steel guitar, and some great family vocal harmonies.
15 MP3 Songs
COUNTRY: Western Swing, COUNTRY: Western
NOMINATED BY THE 2004 ACADEMY OF WESTERN ARTISTS (AWA) FOR WESTERN GROUP OF THE YEAR, WESTERN ALBUM OF THE YEAR, WESTERN SWING SONG OF THE YEAR (STEEL GUITAR RAG), AND RISING STAR AWARD!!!
The Wallace Family is a musical family from the Fort Worth, Texas area. Their shows reflect their unique blend of Texas style old time fiddling, western swing, cowboy, gospel, and bluegrass music. The Wallace''s are a very close family, and playing music is something that they truly enjoy doing.
Brook is a 15-year-old fiddler, vocalist and guitarist who has won many titles and awards with her amazing fiddling including the Jr. World Championship (Crockett, Texas), the Texas State Jr. Championship (Halletsville, Texas), and the National Jr. Jr. Championship (Weiser, Idaho). Not only does she play with her family, but Brook also appears with other country, western, and swing acts when the need for a fiddler arises. Despite her young age, her "on the fly" improvisations and creativity have allowed her to log numerous hours in recording studios as a session musician.
Sally Ann is a 13-year-old vocalist and multi-instrumentalist that has a natural ability to play most any stringed instrument that she picks up. So far, the list includes fiddle, mandolin, guitar, tenor guitar, 5-string banjo, tenor banjo, bass, and non-pedal steel guitar.
Bethany is 11 years old, sings, is a great yodeler, and plays the tenor guitar and fiddle. She likes to sing cowboy yodeling songs.
Caleb is 11 years old and plays both fiddle and bass and loves to sing Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, or Bob Wills music.
Madalyn (Maddie Belle) is 8 years old and cute as can be in her Dale Evans outfits. She is a great singer, yodeler, and fiddler as well.
Paul (Dad) is the anchor of the group with his rhythm guitar. Christy (Mom) sings with the group sometimes, but is primarily occupied with two baby boys, Joshua (born 11/01) and Seth (Born 8/03).
Producers: Brook Wallace and Chris Booher
Executive Producer: Paul Wallace
Recorded by Chris Booher at Patriot Recording in Burleson, TX (https://www.tradebit.com)
Mixed and Mastered by Aarom Meador at Patriot Recording
Brook Wallace - All fiddles except Arkansas Traveler and Melody on The Star Spangled Banner.
Lead and Harmony Vocals
SallyAnn Wallace-Fiddle on Arkansas Traveler and Melody fiddle on The Star Spangled Banner
Non-Pedal Steel Guitar
Lead and Harmony Vocals
Bethany Wallace - Tenor Guitar
Lead and Harmony Vocals
Caleb Wallace - Bass Fiddle
Lead Vocals and "Bob Wills" speaking parts
Madalyn Wallace - Lead Vocals on You are my Sunshine
Paul Wallace - Rhythm Guitar
Chris Booher - Piano and Bass
Nathan Coates - Drums
1. Texas Serenade - Brook is cooking on this traditional fiddle tune.
2. Roly Poly - From Brook''s triple mandolin intro to the big band ending (with SallyAnn playing the trombone parts on steel), this is pure western swing.
3. Steel Guitar Rag - SallyAnn gets to show off her 1950-something Fender non-pedal steel guitar with a little help from Brook on fiddle - and encouragement from Caleb.
4. You Are My Sunshine - Madalyn sings this old favorite - harmony vocals by SallyAnn.
5. Jesus Loves Me - Brook likes to take old hymns and add a little of her swinging style. This is her arrangement of a favorite old children''s song - totally improvised on the spot in the recording studio.
6. Rocking Over River - Bethany likes to sing a yodeling cowboy song - harmony vocals...and yodel, and a triple fiddle intro by Brook.
7. Sweet Georgia Brown - Brook has her own hot arrangement of this classic swing tune.
8. I Met Jesus In Texas - Great western swing gospel - sung by Brook with harmony vocals by...Brook.
(Barry Hazel) Carolyn and Barry Publishing /BMI
9. Arkansas Traveler - SallyAnn plays this traditional fiddle breakdown.
10. Miss Molly - One of Caleb''s favorite songs to sing - Harmony vocals by Brook.
11. Twelfth Street Rag - This ragtime piano song from early 1900''s makes a great fiddle tune for Brook.
12. Miles & Miles of Texas - SallyAnn loves to sing about Texas - she has some great three-part harmony with Brook and Bethany on the choruses.
(Diane Johnston, Tommy Camfield)
13. Wayfaring Stranger - Instrumental version of an old traditional song.
14. Time Changes Everything - Brook is doing the vocals on this Bob Wills tune, but is that Caleb...or Bob on there?
15. Star Spangled Banner - A uniquely Texas version of our National Anthem - Brook and SallyAnn on twin fiddles without accompaniment.
©2003 - The Wallace Family
For Bookings, see contact information at https://www.tradebit.com