MP3 Will Tuttle - OceanPrayer
This beloved album of soothing all-original piano music, created for meditation, massage, and relaxation, rolls through an hour of hauntingly touching music, capturing the healing peacefulness of the vast deep.
8 MP3 Songs
NEW AGE: Meditation, NEW AGE: Healing
About The Artist:
Will Tuttle is devoted to providing original piano music that is inspiring and that generates world-healing energy, and he has played this uplifting and healing music in concerts throughout North America and Europe for over 20 years.
A lifelong pianist and former Zen monk, with a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, focusing on educating intuition in adults, Will has for many years explored piano music as a meditative way to express the deepest yearnings of the heart. He creates both personalized Musical Portraits and also CD albums, including The Call, OceanPrayer, SkyHigh, and AnimalSongs.
OceanPrayer, the second album in Will Tuttle''s Call Trilogy, is an hour of slow, healing solo piano music. It bears testimony that quiet, relaxing music can also embody musical richness, complexity, and vibrancy. Heartsong Review Magazine wrote, "OceanPrayer is an enchanting, meditative journey designed to augment quiet, contemplative moments. Flowing and gentle, Will''s beautiful melodies caress and soothe the soul, making this a perfect companion to any healing art. ''Leaving the Bay'' is an incredibly romantic piece that moves directly to the heart, setting the peaceful tone that pervades the entire recording. There is hope in this music."
The all-original music on OceanPrayer flows on a water cycle journey motif that brings the listener from bay to ocean depths, to clouds, rains, and rives, and returning to the ocean again, propelled and beckoned always by the subtle and mysterious power of OceanPrayer. According to New Age Retailer Magazine, "Each of the eight tracks on OceanPrayer leads harmoniously to the next. The compositions are all original, the playing flawless, the music simply exquisite. Highly, highly recommended."
OceanPrayer captures the flowing grandeur, peacefulness, and mystery of the waters and of the vast deep. NAPRA Review Magazine wrote, "On OceanPrayer, Tuttle brings through deep rhapsodic melodies, with arpeggios supporting heartfelt themes, often played in octaves. These extended meditations move you as effortlessly as a seagull floating on warm and lifting breezes."
OceanPrayer is the perfect companion to massage, meditation, lovemaking, relaxing, and drifting off to sleep. Many people leave it playing all night long to bring healing dreams and refreshing sleep!
The pieces on OceanPrayer (total time 59:35):
1. Leaving The Bay (14:30) Evoking a deeply relaxing mood that seems to gently pull the heart open, Leaving The Bay begins the peaceful, soothing, and subtly inspiring musical journey that is OceanPrayer. This "incredibly romantic" piece ebbs and flows with deep feeling. Thundering and rolling bass notes like the crashing surf mingle with a haunting melody that gathers subtle power with each returning tide, bringing the listener ever more deeply into the vast sea, and leaving behind all the concerns and struggles of the confining bay.
2. Longing For Depth (5:15) There is a deep longing tenderly and slowly surging through this piece, gently urging the listener toward direct contact with a sensed mystery of the heart. Composer Will Tuttle''s personal favorite on this album, Longing For Depth emerged one day effortlessly, and unravels its enchantment through touchingly plaintive harmonic tensions and rich bass tones.
3. Waves Of Light (3:15) From its delicate opening notes, this flowing tone poem transports the listener, first ever more deeply into the realm of light residing in the depths of the timeless OceanPrayer, and then upward, ever upward, finally evaporating into the atmosphere.
4. Cloud Journey (7:00) From the atmospheric dilation of the previous piece, Cloud Journey collects and heartfully centers the listener, offering a dreamy and relaxing saunter through the open sky. Moving in the key of two flats like its predecessor, it serves as a gentle bridge for the return to earth. This is Madeleine''s favorite due to the rich colors evoked by its stately meandering.
5. Falling Gently With The Rain (5:25) Inspired by the deeply healing and meditative feeling of soft spring rains, this piece gracefully carries the listener back down to the rivers of the earth. One can hear the droplets splashing. Establishes the key of two sharps that continues in the next piece.
6. Reaching The Sea (4:15) Featuring a deeply plaintive call-and-response between the lower mid-range and treble, this piece invokes the heart of OceanPrayer-the longing of the river to merge with the sea, and the longing of the ocean to receive the river. Reaching The Sea explores their dance of unutterable yearning and intimacy.
7. Ocean Of Wisdom (10:15) Exuding gentle power and suggesting a flowing current of confidence and boundless generativity, Ocean Of Wisdom beckons the listener back into the mysterious ocean depths again. The cycling water journey complete, the melody ranges dramatically through various dynamic, harmonic, and modal changes, at times rousing, at times pleading, at times almost dissolving, and eventually emerging tenderly triumphant, glittering, dark, and expansively spacious. The ''natural'' key of no sharps and flats that holds the last and first two pieces of the album is established.
8. Over The Horizon (9:40) Weaving several melodies together, this final piece rounds out the oceanic prayer of longing, and initiates a felt sense of beginnings, moving into new dimensions, going over the horizon. The piece hints at the unknowable serene wanderings and gatherings that await and beckon quietly in the atmospheric music and presence that is OceanPrayer.