MP3 Stephanie Davis - Western Bling
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
11 MP3 Songs in this album (37:13) !
Related styles: COUNTRY: Western Swing, BLUES: Jazzy Blues
People who are interested in Billie Holiday Bob Wills Madeleine Peyroux should consider this download.
Hot dang! After two long years in the making, the first two volumes of our Western series, "Western Bliss" and "Western Bling" are here! Featuring Stephanieâs extraordinarily unique and soulful voice, both projects include an amazing array of rare and classic western, swing, western swing, standards, and even the new original theme song to Stephanie's upcoming âTrailâs End Ranch Radioâ show. Ace guitarist Rich O'Brien leads an all-star lineup of Texas musicians, and collector-quality cover art by Montanaâs incredible Monte Dolack make this a series youâll want to collect and display. Absolute artistry--a must-have for music lovers everywhere!
What Others Are Saying:
"The songs will follow you around...you'll find yourself listening over and over to her unique, dazzling voice." Margo Metegrano, https://www.tradebit.com
"Silky, sparkly, plenty of horsepower, simply delicious...downright blingriffic!"
Hal Cannon, Founding Director, West. Folklife Cntr.
"Stephanie Davis is one of Western music's mega-talents." Rich O'Brien, guitar player extraordinaire
STEPHANIEâS WESTERN BLING "Track-by-Track" Notes:
1. TALKINâ'BOUT YOU: A fun opening romp of an old Bob Wills tune, featuring the boysâ Louie Jordan-style vocals, Cindy Cashdollarâs delightful steel work, Reggie Reufferâs breathtaking fiddling, and Rich (âBadgerâ) OâBrien's and Clint Strong's positively celestial twin guitars. Roll up the rug!
2. I DIDNâT REALIZE: Another wonderful Bob Wills tune that I learned from Rich. Features some extra tasty, âHowâd he do that?â solos by Clint and Reggie.
3. SOON: Lovelyâ¦wistfulâ¦a perfect marriage of melody and lyricâ¦This George and Ira Gershwin gem, from the 1929 Broadway show âStrike Up The Band,â shimmers and sparkles with our Western Bling https://www.tradebit.comck out Richâs always-tasteful, understated guitar work and Reggieâs swoonarama triple fiddles.
4. HUBBINâ IT: If the only bailout youâve been the recent recipient of involved the âgentle as a kittenâ stud horse your cousin Lester brought back from the sale barn and an amorous cow moose, hereâs your song, Western Bling-style.
5. NEVERTHELESS: Another classic from 1931, also a hit for The Mills Brothers in 1951. Ah, the terrible/wonderful angst of standing shivering atop the High Dive Of Loveâ¦hereâs to all of you brave hearts, and remember to check to see that thereâs water in the poolâ¦
https://www.tradebit.comOND THE SEA: We âWestern Blingedâ this wonderful Bobby Darin classic, and danged if it doesnât take to it like a newly washed dog to a mud puddle. Even if your kitchen window looks out onto the parking lot of Bubbaâs Lube, Oil, and Filter, Bakery, and Internet Café (âHave a Baguette and Surf The âNet While We Service Your âVetteâ)in Bedsore, Oklahoma, this one will have you swaying, swooning, and staring dreamily out to âsea.â Somewhere out there is a handsome/beautiful, exotic, financially independent, sane, sober, non-incarcerated, wellâ¦you get the pictureâ¦
7. BABY, THAT SURE WOULD GO GOOD: Can you tell weâre crazy about Cindy Walker songs? This one features Oaklandâs wonderful Paul Danielsâ velvety background vocals and some sultry instrumental riffs. Our webmaster, manager, and chief cook and bottle washer, Rick, recommends a â74 Petrus, decanted and at cellar temperature for this track.
8. SLOW POKE: Dealing with someone whoâs always running late? Tired of sitting around and waiting? This charming Pee Wee King song has probably saved countless marriages, governments, and even an Earthlink Technical Support operator or two, by encouraging martyrdom, codependency, and a splash of Stockholm Syndrome. We just like making the ticking clock noises.
9. IF I HAD YOU: The dreamy standard, recorded by everyone from Rudy Vallee to Bing Crosby, slips into our Western Bling format like deer guts on a doorknob. Features some ridiculously fabulous steel playing by Cindy.
10. THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE: Economy getting you down? Hey, try being a musician. Or a songwriter. Or a rancher. Or all three at once. Ah, heck. Life is still pretty wonderful, and our take on this sweet classic by the legendary Tin Pan Alley songwriting team of Lew Brown, Ray Henderson, and Buddy DeSylva is guaranteed to put the spring back into your step.
11. GOING AWAY PARTY: My favorite Cindy Walker song, and my favorite track on the whole project. Magical, live, first-take vocals (if I say so myself.) Achingly exquisite solos by Rich, Cindy, and Reggie. The reason God invented Western Bling. If this doesnât land you sobbing in a fetal position, check your pulse.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 George Braith - Bop Rock Blues
Mp3 Karen Drucker - Hold On To Love
Mp3 Manteca Beat - Manteca-licious!
Mp3 Happy Butterfly Foot - Beware The Foot, Volume 1
Mp3 Shirley Jackson & Her Good Rockin' Daddys - Comfort Food
Mp3 Cat Shell - Cat's Outta The Bag
Mp3 Accardi/gold - Mill Street Jazz Lab Ii
Mp3 Robert Mcfadden - Travelling In Curves
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!