MP3 Arun Karki - Khusi
An eclectic mix of Nepali songs, some with traditional instruments only and others with more western influence, ranging from patriotic to pop.
10 MP3 Songs
WORLD: Asian, EASY LISTENING: Love Songs
“Arun Karki shares the musical berth with a pantheon of the most prominent contemporary singers in Nepal.” The Himalayan
“Singer Arun Karki’s fourth album, Khusi, comes as a landmark in the history of Nepali music as it is the first solo album that music composer Sambhujeet Baskota has worked on. Karki himself was ecstatic when the famed music director agreed to his proposal of a solo album from him, and thus naming the album “Khusi” (joy)... All said and done, Khusi is a worthwhile album to add to your collection.” The Kathmandu Post
About the artist:
Arun Karki, born in Janakpur in south-eastern Nepal, has been singing ever since he can remember. He recorded his first songs in 1992, and studied Eastern classical music for many years with Gurudev Kamat. He also spent time in Bombay learning from various masters. Alternating farming and singing, he is now currently in Kathmandu, focusing on his music. This is his fourth album.
About the album:
Described by The Himalayan as “an eclectic mix of oriental modern music with strong western influences,” Khusi brings together ten songs expressing joy, love, melancholy, and Himalayan inspirations.
1. Harpal Timile ''" a husband expresses how much he loves his wife and all that she means to him.
2. Sakeko Bhaye ''" “If I had been able to hide my love in my heart, it wouldn’t have come out in my tears”...
3. Aankhaima ''" the pain of lost love
4. Ishwor Chhaina ''" “How could I say there is no God, looking at you; even Bramha (the Creator) would have been amazed while writing your fate...”
5. Bato Katda ''" A chance meeting while crossing the street leads to much more...
6. Balla Himal Khulyo ''" Just as the mountains emerge more majestic after a storm, a new lease is found on life
7. Para Bata ''" a slow romantic song about lovers coming together
8. Hansi Hansi ''" A lover tries to find the way to win the heart of his beloved
9. Jaba Dekhen Timilai - a catchy, lively song about being entrapped by a beautiful smile
10. Khusi Katai Haraye ''" “If my happiness were lost somewhere, I would search for it on your lips...”