MP3 Greg Wells - acoustic
A collection of simple, basic acoustic songs, which is a departure for Greg whose alternative rock music usually includes electric guitars (many screaming) and a wide array of instruments.
14 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Pop, ROCK: Folk Rock
"acoustic" is 1/3rd of a project involving the simultaneous release of 3 albums, at different ends of the musical spectrum. “acoustic” features simple, basic acoustic songs, many recorded as a single take with just guitar and vocals. “i-,lek-''tran-ik” features all electronic works including some algorithmic compositions, and "rock" rocks.
Greg started playing music before he was born, and began recording original rock songs at the age of 12. That was years ago, and he''s been learning new instruments, playing in bands, teaching others, and writing and recording original music ever since.
The music is thoughtful alternative rock with jazz and classical influences, but Greg’s main strength is the wide scope of styles and moods his music transcends. From high in the mountains of Colorado, instrumentation includes guitars, violins, bass, drums, ethnic percussion, mountain dulcimer, keyboards, balalaika, mandolin, saxophone, flute, etc.
To date Greg has recorded hundreds of original songs, with approximately 75 of them released on self-produced albums. As an engineer and scientist who also teaches courses in studio and live recording, the music sometimes takes on a “cold exactness” that cuts through you like a knife. As a musician who has performed live, and a person with a lot of public speaking experience who even dabbled in comedy (it was all funny to him), the music can be loose and humorous.
More info and music can be found at https://www.tradebit.com
Previous album releases include:
1. Slingshot - Catchy electric guitar and violins over ''infectious grooves'', along with some acoustic gems. Somewhere between progressive rock and pop.
2. Now and Then and Again - An eclectic selection of songs covering the time period from 1985 through 2004, intended to show case the variety of music Greg has recorded.
3. the Difference - The most recent Progressive Rock band Greg was a part of - recorded in 1998.
4. Clockwork III - Released in 1996. Includes some cool experimental stuff.
5. Clockwork - It’s about Time - Released in 1988 on cassette tape. ''raw''.