MP3 AMPSEX - Original Sound Recordings
"Hard Rock song presentation echoing the guitar sensibilities of GUNS N ROSES combined with lyrical songwriting stylings of the FOO FIGHTERS, WEEZER and BECK." Comin'' at you with what it really is like livin'' and dyin'' in San Francisco.
12 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Hard Rock, METAL: Heavy Metal
Here is some Bio and Album info:
AMPSEX is a rock band with engaging lyrics and a “radio friendly” guitar rock sound from San Francisco. Stark subject matter gives way to deeper messages of the frustrations, hopes, hangovers, fears, tragedies, parties and doubts faced by all young people. All first person accounts of someone living a life and playing Rock n Roll.
Strong recording production values have lead to recognition in the Bay Area as a creatively dynamic studio entity. Bay Area radio station 107.7 THE BONE contacted AMPSEX for an advance copy of the debut album and played "PORNO MOVIE" on their LOCALS LICKS show in March of 2006. A strong Internet presence spawned an aggressive climb at https://www.tradebit.com where AMPSEX had the #1 rock song out of 10,967 in March of 2003.
AMPSEX is received well whether booked on a punk bill or hard rock stage. With a reputation for delivering entertainment with a high level of musicianship, new fans quickly become excited about the prospect of finding their new favorite band. That''s a right folk. We are sick live.
AMPSEX released "PORNO MOVIE" as a single in 2004. Two versions of the song were included on this release. A hard rock version emphasizing the traditional rock band presentation made popular in the clubs of San Francisco and the original piano version that set AMPSEX apart as a multi-layered recording artist. It is available on itunes.
This single gained the attention from ALTA VISTA FILMS "Todo El Poder" screenwriter who''s films such as 2003''s Ciudades Oscuras (Dark Cities) have been nominated for several Annual Ariel Awards (Mexico’s equivalent to the Oscars). ALTA VISTA FILMS produced the Oscar nominated "Amorres Perros". A feature film currently being filmed ("MADRID MEXICO" set for a 2006 release) will feature "PORNO MOVIE" as a scene score and will be featured during closing credits. We are STOKED!!!
ORIGINAL SOUNDS RECORDINGS
This album has musical guest contributions from many San Francisco bands such as The Golden Gods, Dave Rude, Duds and even an ex-member of Zeromind for god''s sake!!! All of these tracks were engineered and mixed by Justin Weis of TRAKWORX (The Golden Gods, Papa Roach, Hammers of Misfortune). Todd Herfindal (Blue Sky Roadster, Single and most recently The Meadow) produced four songs. This album has artwork design layout by Richie Goodtimes and it is AWESOME!!!
Here is a track listing:
1. POPS FIGHT – “It was Saturday night at Pops. Where the drinkin’ never stops” just about says it all. This is the setting in which all these stories are told. Come on in and I’ll tell you all about…
2. CRAZY BITCH - Everyone knows one or has acted like one at some point. This song goes over well live and is hell of funny!
3. CORI - This is a Punk tune and if you''d met Cori you''d know why. Everyone should have come across a chic like this when they were 18.
4. MY BEST FRIEND IS A PUNK - Someone I knew took his or her own life and it totally fucked me up. This is not an account of that but this song came up during that time. However, this is a true story. Dave Rude did the guitar solo cause I was too weirded out.
5. HOW IT FEELS - When you are back in control and callin'' the shots like a motherfucker. This…is how it feels.
6. PORNO MOVIE - This is the song we released as a single. This is how we play it live. The piano version is available on itunes.
7. CIRCUS - Guitars!! Sick bass line and a fat chorus don''t hurt. Todd Herfindal produced this one.
8. SOMEONE LIKE YOU - This is the song that got to #1 on https://www.tradebit.com. This is a new recording with updated lyrics. Words change and grow sometimes. You can compare this one to the original demo at https://www.tradebit.com.
9. SONG I MUST FIGHT - This song was stuck in my head and wouldn''t leave me alone until it got recorded. It would come whenever I went drinkin'' at the bar and people would try to impress me with where their band was playing on Saturday night. I DON''T CARE!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!
10. BLOOD - This song is on the album cause some kid told me it was his favorite. I don''t know why but I hope he starts his own band someday.
11. POWERPLAY - Sometimes I don''t know if I play the guitar solo for the song or the song for the guitar solo. This is one of those songs. ONE TAKE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
12. Somebody told me that I was going to be "confronted" for this song by this dude in a band with a DJ. RELAX!!! It''s a funny recording that makes my buddies laugh. NO. I DON''T REALLY THINK I CAN RAP.
This is an album. These are the songs. They will not be re-recorded because some producer has a better tempo in mind. The live''s and times of a band trying to play Rock N Roll in San Francisco. Drums are the heart, Bass is the body, Guitar is the voice and lyrics are the mind. Expect a new album sooner than you think.