MP3 Dane Hinkle - If You're Leavin' Tennessee
Newsflash.. UFO abducts mule..
14 MP3 Songs
BLUES: Blues Vocals, COUNTRY: Country Blues
Dane Hinkle Bio
• Raised in Greene County, Tennessee mostly working on the family farm putting up hay, plowing corn rows with Kate the mule, gathering fresh hen''s eggs and enjoying endless discoveries that 100 acres of fields, woods, and a creek called Little Chucky can offer a child.
• Fourth grade music teacher plays Arlo Guthrie’s Alice’s Restaurant song to the class (she cut out the “father raper” line). I was hooked on folk style music from that point on.
• Earned an AS in Public Safety from Walters State Community College in Morristown, Tennessee, and a BS in Business From Tusculum College in Greene County, Tennessee.
• Worked as a Hotshot, then for the Alaska Smokejumpers, parachuting into hard to reach/rugged areas to fight fire, and also worked with the Forest Service.
• Some of my interests include hiking, canoeing, caving, organic gardening, raising gourmet Shiitake mushrooms and ginseng, carving netsukes (small Japanese style carvings) from stone, oil painting, and writing and performing music.
I''m recording my latest music in an old log cabin were I reside, which is located near Sheffy Hollow, in the woods, on a backroad, in Greene County, "East Tennessee."
Be sure and check out the "Dane Lee Hinkle Website" located at the left of this sentence!
I call my style of music “Mudsill (akin to creative minimalism),” which can also be described by saying "if Piedmont Blues and sixties style Folk Music got married and had a baby, it would be called Mudsill." I write all of the music and lyrics for my recordings, but enjoy playing a few cover songs during performances.
Most of my music is performed with an acoustic guitar, harmonica and vocal. I have added extra instrumentation to most of the songs on the "If You''re Leavin'' Tennessee" album to create certain moods. I also re-mixed and added "Internet Girlfriend," How Many Ways," and "Missing You in All Directions" to my new album!
As an artist once stated, “I never want to get completely comfortable with music by settling for what’s already been created, because that’s when you begin to lose touch with today and tomorrow.”
"No one can re-invent himself without first changing his own mind."
*Check Apple iTunes soon for digital downloads from the "If You''re Leavin'' Tennessee©" cd!