MP3 The Dent - Neurotica
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
5 MP3 Songs
POP: Power Pop, ROCK: Modern Rock
The Dent, a power-pop quartet based in Fairfield County, has been likened to a diverse array of artists ranging from Vertical Horizon to Cheap Trick to Elton John. Now, over ten years of writing, recording and performing together has culminated in the release of their spectacular new album, their 3rd independent effort, "Neurotica." While they do in fact see themselves as the vanguards of a melodic-rock revolution, first and foremost, they are totally and unabashedly committed to creating the perfect pop chorus. They're getting close; listen and hear for yourself!
20 Dent Facts
1. The Dent is a quartet based in Fairfield, Connecticut.
2. The Dent is Mitchell Linker (Lead Vocals), Jeff Norberg (Guitar Vocals), D. Rauh (Bass, Keyboards & Vocals), and Dennis Cotton...............sometimes. Be patient, we'll get to that. (Drums).
3. The Dent was formed in the late 80's, with the three original members unable to legally drive, vote or drink.
4. In the early days, Linker, refusing to sing a note, was the group's drummer and lyricist. The Neil Peart comparisons were rampant.
5. After a short stint as a cover band, The Dent began writing their own music.
6. The Dent quickly learned that nine-minute long epics about peer pressure and suicide, performed in wacky time signatures wasn't appropriate for middle school dances, and began to refine their sound. (Remember, this was years before Disturbed and Korn.)
7. In the mid 90's, The Dent moved onto college. Yes, the same college.
8. During college, The Dent really began to hone their songs and their sound, culminating in the release of their first EP, "The Dent," and then subsequently, their first full-length CD, "Beauty Cries."
9. Shortly before the sessions for Beauty Cries, The Dent decided to get a real drummer.
10. With very little left for him to do, but staunch loyalty nagging at Jeff and D. Rauh's conscience, Mitchell was demoted to the position of lead singer. He still plays the drums occasionally.............all by himself.
11. Dennis Cotton, a talented and spiritually inclined percussionist, with a really long goatee, joined the group, becoming their de facto fourth member.
12. Dennis is occasionally summoned across the nation, or to other countries to play with slightly bigger name acts in order to make extra money to feed his family. The rest of the band, either profoundly dedicated to The Dent, or unable to obtain work in the music business outside of the group, never play with anyone else, ever.
13. After the release of Beauty Cries, The Dent returned to Ithaca to live among the bohemians, indulge in the musically rich culture of central New York, and plummet desperately into debt.
14. Beauty Cries received critical acclaim, and by the late 90's their fans had numbered in the 1000's. However, broken promises by record labels and managers, coupled with, yes, an unyielding, relentless free-fall into debt, forced The Dent to take a much-needed hiatus, where they returned to Connecticut to think, write, drink, and work-out.
15. The break resulted in a rejuvenated Dent, evidenced by their third independent release, "Neurotica."
16. "Neurotica" contains material that is different than anything The Dent has released in the past; the five ebullient songs are replete with chiming guitars, gorgeous vocal harmonies, tasteful piano playing, and an occasional string arrangement for good measure.
17. "Neurotica," is The Dent's Sgt. Pepper. (Well, if Sgt. Pepper had been an EP, and if the Beatles had attained international mega-stardom prior to recording it, "Neurotica" would be The Dent's Sgt. Pepper.)
18. Despite D. Rauh and Linker's stringent exercise ethic, they would both admit, late at night, after a few Coors Lights, that they are a little afraid of Scott Stapp of Creed.
19. The Dent's sound has been likened to Vertical Horizon, Matthew Sweet, Matchbox Twenty, The Replacements, Elton John and Mandy Moore. (That last one isn't really true, but since we're on the subject, Norberg would really like to meet her, if you have any connections. He thought she was scintillating in Crossroads. Or was that Britney?)
20. The Dent will be bigger than Creed.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 982199)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge